[Closed] Vote for your favourite Game

For our first official #WeekendGameJam @jane has very kindly offered to design a custom sprite as a prize.

Since picking a favourite involves playing 4 games this seems like a great one to open up to a Community vote. Please try out the games below and vote for the one you enjoyed playing the most.

The game with the most votes gets to commission their own sprite which all Thunkers will be able to use when designing games in the future.

Vote for your Favourite Whac-a-Mole Game

0 voters

Summary of Entries

Mask a Face by @catsarisky

Guac-a-mole by @codeswept

Iced Tea Toss by @tatiang

Retro Whac-a-Mole by @Thg

Whack a Beaver by @human

Screenshot 2021-04-26 1.32.59 PM

4 Likes

That’s a great prize idea @domhnallohanlon ! It was really hard for me to vote, as all the entries were so good!

5 Likes

Good luck everyone! I voted (not for myself).

5 Likes

I enjoyed your game @tatiang but the positioning of your bartender increased my nervousness :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Me too!

4 Likes

You too!

3 Likes

You (all) three!

4 Likes

Great job! Everyone’s games were great.

5 Likes

I agree everyone has Done a great job on creating these games.
Hope to see more of Them in the future.

4 Likes

Very exciting to see all of the competitors! I’ll take a position of impartiality here since I’m providing the prize :grin:

3 Likes

I made a slightly different version of mine, because I wanted you to be actually putting masks on. Feedback welcome - I’m not totally sure I like how it looks yet.

https://thunkable.site/w/2_2c2TSzK

So are you supposed to click an unmasked person to add a mask and then click them again? When I click, I see a mask briefly and then it disappears but if I click again, the person/sprite disappears.

3 Likes

And this is why beta testers are important, @tatiang! :slight_smile:

You’re /supposed to/ click them and a mask will appear where you clicked and stick to their face (replacing them with the masked equivalent sprite). A second click would trigger the effect for clicking a masked person and remove them (and some points).

Sounds like it isn’t as clear as I’d like it to be…

1 Like

That’s what I figured. But when I clicked an unmasked person once, it just flashed the mask for a moment and then returned the sprite to the original look.

Edit: Well, I just tried again and it worked correctly, masking the unmasked. If only Covid safety was this simple! Although wearing masks is a relatively simple thing we can all do. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Congrats @catsarisky!

Thanks to everyone who voted - our next #WeekendGameJam will kick off on Friday May 7th

3 Likes

Congrats again @catsarisky!
We’ll create a gallery for the Sprites that get made as GameJam prizes, but I’ll share the first one here as well:

5 Likes