WDC? Cast your votes!

Thanks to everyone who voted last week and thanks (of course!) too to everyone who submitted a to-do list app for #wdc last week.

This week is going to be a Game Jam - but which game should we build for our 20th Design Challenge? Well… I’ll leave that up to you :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

WDC 20
  • Rock Paper Scissors
  • Hangman
  • Book Cricket
  • Other (Leave a comment and we’ll count the likes)

0 voters

3 Likes

I had to look up Book Cricket. I’ve never heard of that game but I guess this is it?

4 Likes

I think there might be some variations in the rules/gameplay but yep, that’s Book Cricket!

1 Like

Hangman. But whatever we pick, I’m going to actually participate this weekend!

4 Likes

Will there be a vote for the best project in the previous WDC , Sorry its my first submission

1 Like

I think we should build a course learning app like Coursera

1 Like

In a weekend? That sounds hard!

2 Likes

Yay! We’ve missed you in the WDCs @catsarisky .

I’m finding it hard to decide. Everything seems so much fun! I still don’t understand book cricket, though, even after watching the video @tatiang shared. A hangman app would be super cool, though. Note: I once tried making one on DnD. It worked great on the computer, but not at all on the phone. If this topic is chosen, then I’ll use Legacy. Or are we supposed to use only DnD?

Edit: Just googled some more and found out that Book Cricket is a traditional Indian game! This sounds fun

2 Likes

As Most Probably We will be making a hangman game , I was trying to find some random word generator api and yes i found some (this is one i found) but they contained slang and bad words , has anyone found one which doesnt contain slang/bad words?

2 Likes

I can’t say I’ve played it but from the video I posted it looks like you flip to a random page of a book and the last digit of the page number is your score for that turn. When I found out it was a game from India and about books (well, kind of), I knew it had your name on it!

3 Likes

Haha, looking forward to making and playing your versions if it is chosen as the topic!

2 Likes

I’m hoping we’re going with hangman, because I just whacked together this:

(No hangman graphics yet - because I haven’t decided on theming - but you can totally guess the word/phrase.)

This 135 block hack is a good example of how powerful the clone block can be.

7 Likes

Thats awesome @catsarisky But can i know which api you used for this?

Also , that a great game . loved it!

Cool one! But maybe you can not include correct guesses as part of guesses, and also maybe limit wrong guesses to 7, even though you haven’t added that hangman part?

1 Like

I noticed @goutham voted, is he going to be special guest like @arun and @jane were? That’s great!

1 Like

Oh yes, codeswept, it’s not done yet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I found a list of words/phrases online and made a copy. But permissions were unclear, so I’d need something better if I were going to publish.

3 Likes

understood. Thank you for the reply :grinning:

@catsarisky
I just tried your hangman app. Even without the graphics it’s enjoying. You WON this round.

2 Likes

No way! This round hasn’t even started. :slight_smile:

2 Likes