[Solved] Thunkable Live app crashing

Blank app opens and closes fine with uninstall/reinstall with v205. Some of my apps seem to work fine with android 9. Some do not, they don’t execute the “When___ Starts” or “When ___ Opens” blocks.

1 Like

it does

Still can’t assign a picture from the photo component to the background or something else.

project with one button and photo component https://x.thunkable.com/copy/5b75da6cc97d18fb74e1a476ca1f6990

Using xiaomi redmi 5A with android version 7.1.2 n2g47h

1 Like

It might be? Can you create a new topic and provide some steps to reproduce the error so we can start investigating? The focus, in this topic, is that Thunkable Live is stable and working for everyone.

Thank you @KaneoheKid!

Thanks @niniks!

It’s OK for me now

1 Like

Mmmm i did nothing and on my iphone 6 and it works back againg… :wink: at least it doesnt crash when i open live app… buttons are not working

1 Like

At this moment, the app is working fine! App is not crashing and functions are working back. Thanks!

1 Like

Strange behaviour indeed:
The live app on my iphone was crashing yesterday. This morning even if i did nothing it stops to crash but some buttons are not working.

The live app on my ipad was working fine and buttons worked until this morning. Then live app (which was 203 i checked) asks for update (but still 203). I did it and now ipad has the same behaviour of iphone: it doesnt crash but some buttons are not working :slight_smile:
Im waiting for live app 205 :+1:

Hi @lilly.jaden54v and @domhnallohanlon,

in my app I had to delete the map component (or, if you have more than one component, delete them all) and just put in a fresh one. Of course you have to edit all settings and assign all blocks again (I got plenty of “error” in the “Blocks” section), but that helps. My apps now run with the new live companion on Android (Samsung A40, Android 10).

Btw: keep an eye on the now deprecated functions. And “onCalloutPress” still does not work correctly.

1 Like

Thank you Domhnallohanlon I feel so sad I like to code this app too much.hope everything ok.

1 Like

There is only one screen that is not working on Thunkable Live and doesn’t work on APK, but works perfectly on Web Test…

1 Like

Thanks @Michael_Rogulla - that’s the immediate priority. I’ll get a new topic going for map-related issues.

Hey @teerapat.dj, are you an Android user? Have you had a chance to test v205 on your device yet - everything should be working fine now.

@solveraplicativo, does that mean that you are able to open Thunkable Live, close the app and then reopen and retest?

From you description it sounds like there might also be a separate issue on one of your screens?

In this thread we want to specifically focus on making sure that everyone can open Thunkable Live, test their apps, close Thunkable Live, and then, the next time they go to test, Thunkable Live should open without crashing.

2 Likes

Hey @ahmadafandi13fqvz - just want to try and figure out a little more about what’s going on here.

Have you tried closing and reopening Thunkable Live? This is what v205 is intended to fix.

Can you share some screenshots or some suggestions on how we can test this? When you say that the buttons aren’t working, is it perhaps related to this issue?

I have two phone.
LG G8 thunkable v202
samsung j5 v197

v202 make trouble.
First login with google ID is OK.
But Second, Thunkable live stopped.

v197 is OK

It seems login problem.

Please solve it.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Pressing “Back” in Thunkable Live freezes app

Same problem as mine, I tried on 3 different phones

does that mean that you are able to open Thunkable Live, close the app and then reopen and retest? YES. I’m able to open, test, and retest. No problem with it.

From your description, it sounds like there might also be a separate issue on one of your screens? The screen work perfectly on Web Live Test but on Thunkable Live the buttons don’t work. This bug occurred after the Thunkable Live start crashing so might be a correlation.

no problem on my end works fine

1 Like

@wikilinks.infooleua0 - have you sideloaded v205 that Wei shared above? If v205 isn’t working for you can you please try v206 and report back. Thanks.

Still sounds like a separate issue @solveraplicativo - can you create a new topic about this so we can track it separately. Please include as much info as possible. Thanks.

Awesome, delighted to hear it.

The v205 is not crashing, however, the app does not seem to be saving the changes in “app variables” if you change the screen (this is happening to sotred variables as well).

i am working working with “app variables” seeing an issue. my variables now blank ahhhh

1 Like