Events Not Working

Hi thunkable team.
This has been a major issue for me since the past ½ hour or so.
When i live preview using either my computer or phone and click on button, nothing happens and i can see only button pressed on the console. Though in the blocks section i have navigate to another screen block.

Is this happening only for me or is it for everyone. I am not able to test any of my apps.
NOTE :- The live preview doesnt work while this image button on the projects page makes the project work.

I tried hard refreshing too.
I hope this gets solved. :grinning:
@jane @domhnallohanlon @Thunkable_Staff

EDIT 1 : - Any event doesnt work. Is this only for me?

4 Likes

I have the same problem. Until yesterday, everything worked, but today this is the result.

3 Likes

Yes @Balanced_Kitchen , this is exactly what happens to me , The critical error occurred comes on the phone , and nothing happens on the computer.
Good to know that I’m not the only one with this problem.
Also , does this happen with other events like on text input submit etc.?

1 Like

I think the problem is caused by a block, but I’m still testing to find out who. Because I have projects that load without a problem.
PS: I only have this problem on Android devices

3 Likes

Hello @overturner
@Balanced_Kitchen
Can you confirm that your app has a map component? If so then there is a problem with this and I have reported it to Thunkable and waiting for a response.

If you have Location Sensor in your app you will see that the operation is not stable in DnD and does not work in StP.

As for the buttons in Thunkable Web platform I have no problems at all and my projects work as expected.

3 Likes

There is no map component in my project and I do not use Location Sensor.

4 Likes

That must be a different issue then. Thanks for the update.

3 Likes

Hi @muneer i have the map component in one of my apps but not in all.
The ones which dont have this component still give me this error

2 Likes

Can you log out and then hard refresh and login and try any of the safe project to see that you can work on it?

3 Likes

OOPS! @muneer now even my “safe projects” arent working :expressionless:

3 Likes

Hi all, same issue here. I spent the last 4 hours trying to figure out what was wrong with testing apps. Here are my findings:

1. Out of sudden since this morning, all my apps which are otherwise working the day before, cannot be tested using the Android phones Thunkable Live app. It says “Critical Error Occurred”. For iPhone, the Thunkable live can load, but all the buttons in my apps were lost. I note that Thunkable app was last updated 2 days ago.

2. On the Thunkable X desktop, The live test was not working well. the UI loads but the functions not working. I notice the link for “Preview as responsive webapp” is also missing. On the main menu, the “convert to drag and drop interface” is also missing.

3. The only thing that works are the previews (pressing the blue preview buttons).

So, there must have been an update to the app and Thunkable X desktop that broke things. I shall stop here, I am not going to waste my time trying figure out what happened. Hope Thunkable team look at this immediately.

3 Likes

It’s working on my side

So it must be something that affects some but not all.

3 Likes

I discovered another thing, Thanks @muneer. Running the app from the landing page (click the play button on the app banner) works fine, like your screenshot. The “preview as a responsive webapp” link is present and working.

But when you go into the design/blocks page, When you click the Live test, it shows the UI, but not responsive. And also the “preview as a responsible webapp” is not there.

And this is consistent with all my previous working apps.

So I guess, we can continue to work on the blocks but without the ability to test it on phones. And let Thunkable team to solve this.

3 Likes

This is a preview from the project design page

This is from my mobile for the same project

3 Likes

Thanks. Using the preview button works for me also, as I mentioned in the earlier post. But not on the live test and Thunkable live.

Anyway, I just made a fresh new app with a few buttons and labels. It does work on the Android phone and live test now. But the the link “preview as a responsible webapp” is still missing.

3 Likes

This was missing since long time now. I have responded in more than one post to use the preview option in the project list screen to access the Responsive web app.

See this post from June

2 Likes

Yes @gobassky this is the same with me.

1 Like

@muneer do your STP projects work ?

1 Like

Yes, The image I shared that says “Choose a category” is StP. I checked both UIs and both worked.

1 Like

Oh , so can it be an error of Free vs. PRO?

1 Like