[Solved] Thunkable Live app crashing

My one also

I have the same issue.

Same here, on android 10 and iOS 13.6. In my case the android app opens and works well ONLY the first time a after being reinstalled, then, if I want to relaunch the app, it starts crashing.

1 Like

(21/7/2020)
Update:-
android:-
for thunkable live things got better after the V202.02 update the crash doesn’t exist anymore but some issues raised

• map component freeze the app and shows thunkable logo
  • gif doesn’t work
    Everything else seems to be cool

For built apps (downloaded apks)
downloaded apks work fine and doesn’t crash for me but there’s some issues

• Keyboard mess up with dimensions when open up
  • gif pic doesn’t work
  • general layout issue

I tested apps on three devices
xiaomi mi 9 pro (snapdragon 855) (android pie)
Redmagic 5G (snapdragon 865) (android Q)
mi note 7 pro (snapdragon 730G) (Android Q)

I hope this help you fixing bugs

Ios Live App and Downloaded Ios App Crashing directly.
I am seeing for 2 days.
I think that’s why new update last 2 days from Thunkable. When i delete new downloaded ios app and than download ios app with the old url are opening.

this issue related to thunkable v202 update which claim to

• Improved app stability and performance
  • Upgraded libraries

same problem here on android

1 Like

try to downgrade you thunkable live to V201 This solved my issue temporarily until thunkable pay attention to the issue and fix it

How can we downgrade App?

1 Like

I did not realise until I went back to my other apps today. They are all broken (I work on both iOS and Android). They were working fine before this update. This is the third time an update has caused issues and I have to spend a couple of days to discover what works and what will not. Kind of losing energy in fixing my apps which were working before… How can we row back the previous version?

1 Like

Anyone knows @domhnallohanlon

Same issues i had yesterday that caused another big issue

Hi , I cant use my thunkable live test app any more , it crashe when opening all the time !

Also before it start crashing I had the text that was not black but a little gray in the live test

I also had a bug with the text input component when opening the keyboard

1 Like

@domhnallohanlon,

I was using the Thunkable Live app v203 on iPadOS 13.5.1

Hope this helps,
Ian

1 Like

i am really waiting on this issue to be fixed i have active users waiting to use my app

what do you mean?

If your apps are in the store they should just work, right?

2 Likes

Nope not for me i remove copy my project and my Published APP data source is gone
so the publish app data source is linked to the project app.

was my fault for my project being messed up but i did not thought it would affect my already published App
so now i have to fix this BUT thunkable now has an issue of crashing so i cant even fix it because my app now crashes when download.

Can we please get a working build before you push new features out or at the very least, let people CHOOSE to use any beta features. These broken builds are killing my desire to learn as every time I sit down, the live preview app crashes for the last 48 hours.

explain to me what your app does and why it does not work please

Does it matter what his app does? he cant test it or download because it crashes the live app crashes

version 203 and 202 if not crashing for you let me know what version you are using

you have uninstall and reinstall it will work at first but dont close it because it wont open a second time will have to uninstall and reinstall again

1 Like