[Solved] Thunkable Live app crashing

That workaround doesn’t work for me because my blocks still doesn’t run even on the first time I use the live app.

@kizzy to my knowledge the data viewer related components are known for breaking randomly. I’ve had the data viewer break multiple times in published apps. Your best option is to keep publishing updates and label it as “bug fixes”.

Thank you for the temporary workaround - worked… for now. Hopefully a long term solution is implemented.

About Data Viewer, in my case Data Viewer Grid… I had some crashes on downloaded apk, but after I sync data sources on Thunkable X start page and downloaded, installed and erase app data… it solved this issue. I hope it helps!

Hey folks, I’ve updated my response above to include a temporary work-around that will get you unstuck while we work on getting a fix out for this:

cc @ianphaas @David_Wolber @maptheunknown @s59jjycemkg5 @solveraplicativo @penny @Balanced_Kitchen @roumak @apauaie @Ironchorch_Yo @doctorsof @gobassky @83c4d26aa4d240 @airjordan @lamagalhaes

2 Likes

Thank you for this workaround as well. Works well and quicker than uninstalling/reinstalling.

1 Like

How do you do this on iOS?

You uninstall and reinstall. Offloading the app does nothing.

Kinda works but not really. In my case cleaning up the storage allows me to view my project but that just freezes about second after it loads.

@Deluxe, that might be a separate issue so? Was this an app that always worked or were you just starting something new?

It is my primary project which I have been developing for several months but haven’t touched since a couple if weeks. Some other simpler test projects I have work.

It could be that there are multiple things broken in the new companion app. I could pinpoint the issue by removing my project’s components one by one and see which ones cause issues.

No. Because of all the crashing, people are assuming their apps suddenly are having problems and start combing through their blocks and fiddling with settings and then try to rebuild…all of which might just be wasted energy if it’s a server side issue.

:slight_smile:

Took my hours but I nailed it. The problem is with the “Device is Online” block or rather, the way the new companion versions handle it. Do this:

• Take any of your perfectly fine working apps
  • Add “If > Device is Online” in its first screen’s Open block
  • Notice how your app launches but then just freezes

Tested on:
iPhone 7 Plus - iOS 13.5.1 - Companion version 203
iPhone XR - iOS 13.6 - Companion version 203
Huawei P Smart Z - Android 10 - Companion version 202

I don’t have that block but I do have the crashing problem in both iOS and Android.

1 Like

Capture
Try using this block

My login buttons stopped working and I did not make any block changes

device online make all other buttons on screen useless

i figure that out since last week Friday

Thanks. Yes, this was one of the issues causing the crash identified earlier by another user. But there were other issues associated with the v202 update. In particular, the extra keyboard white space is annoying. Crashes still happens with webview blocks.

But I believe the Thunkable team is trying their best to solve these issues.

How long will it take to fix the bugs in Thunkable Live Test App?