[Solved] Thunkable Live app crashing

Crash report Android 10

1 Like

Also, out of nowhere, I didn’t change it,

this:
top carrello

became this:

top carrello live

My issue is specific to iOS live companion v203. Both v202 & v203 did not work for me. iPhone XR running iOS 14.0 public beta.

v202 - First sign in was okay. I then re booted the app, and I started getting the app crash. I updated to v203 with the “fixed app crashing” update which still had persistent crashing after the splash screen. Current status: Companion App is still crashing after splash screen as of the time of this post.

• Thanks, Eoin.
1 Like

i know my app have no issues i am ready to send off if it would stay open after fist download an open
i have to go uninstall and re install

I dont think its people app that is the problem its a bug in Thunkable that is the issue.

its like when you have the wrong date on your device and an you get the notice that site certificate has expired cant access i dont know about the coding system soo… i cant say what could be the issue.

For me the first time after updating it gives me an alert saying

Unexpected error occurred
Apologies…The app will close now Please restart the app
Signal 11 was raised
(null)

After restarting again, the app just force quits after a white screen.

Anyone else like this?
Best,
Ian

1 Like

For me, when I open Thunkable Live it blips white then goes away.

It happens with various apps I test. If I uninstall and reinstall Thunkable Live, I can run stuff again, but then if I close Thunkable Live and reopen, I get the white blip again. So I have to reinstall it through Apple Store.

3 Likes

the same

experiencing the same.

Thanks @ianphaas, this is helpful! Just wanted to confirm that you’re using an iOS device?

Sure, what I’m trying to do is separate out the two issues so we can diagnose, repair and the feedback to affected users.

We’ve deployed another fix there and the number of Android crashes seems to have dramatically dropped, although some users might still have issues?

The iOS fix might take a little longer to get through the App Store.

1 Like

That’s great news Domhnall, thanks for the helpful updates!

1 Like

Hi there,
I have problem with Thunkable live app on IOS 13.6, the app run for one time then it keeps crashing.
is there any expectation for fixing that?

thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @s59jjycemkg5, welcome to the community.

I’ve moved you question to the main topic about this issue.

If you need to test right now, please delete the Thunkable Live app data and you will then be able to reopen the app.

The issue only occurs when the app is closed and then reopened so while we’re working to get a fix out this should get you out of a bind.

Hope that helps. We’ll post an update here as soon as we can, thanks for your patience!

For me, since today thunkable app doesn’t work anymore… I have installed on a couple phones (android and iOS) and all dead after a couple minutes, the app just doesn’t launch anymore.

Not sure if this should be marked as solved. It’s still happening. The Thunkable Live version 203 crashes on iOS 13.5.1. If you uninstall the live app and install it again then it opens but when it opens it doesn’t run the blocks.

2 Likes

I have been experiencing problems with Live for some time. What happens is that Live ALWAYS requires an open/close/open cycle before it will work. I cannot just open it and use it. I thought this was some quirk of my own computer but I’m beginning to wonder.
:slight_smile:

i got this after update thunkable, this is my error or bug? please

I installed the new version for iOS and at the moment Thunkable Live app just crashes

version 203 still crashing