🎉 Try out the new blocks editor 2020-11-10

Hi @domhnallohanlon,
I meanly develop interfaces or connectors and I have, through the course of my business carrier, developed many types including interfaces for SWIFT banking systems and capturing and manipulating data from telecoms equipment. Now that I’m retired I do it for the fun of it and to keep myself busy.

I developed, using Thunkable, a small app to the union of retired citizens in Bahrain to maintain a database of their clients so I asked them to create their own Firebase account. I also developed interfaces to 7 or 8 clients using POS (point of sales) systems to feed data to a point rewarding system maintained by the reward system owner. Again in this case I asked the reward system owner to create a Firebase account for the business.

I do this because once the business gets enough hits and Google starts to charge it will not be to my account but to the owners of the data.

Hope this answers your inquiry.

Actually Thunkable allows the cloud variables (in fact all three types) to be named by other components like text input fields.

@codeswept,

Remember my post about using Cloud Variables instead of Realtime_DB blocks? You can do anything with Cloud variables you can do with the Get and Save Realtime_DB blocks AND without the asynchronous issues of the Get and Save blocks. Feel free to DM me if you get stuck or have specific questions.

@domhnallohanlon, I still have 2 situations where I need the Realtime_DB blocks in the new UI.

I need to be able to call the AddListener, RemoveListener, and the data changed event. Although there is a cloud variable changes event (which I haven’t played with), for my multi-user application, I set listeners to keys DEEP in my JSON Hierarchy. For the chat features of my app, I don’t what every user’s app to have to react to a change in the collection of all user chat threads. That won’t scale well.

I also need to be able to add the Firebase SignIn Blocks. Although a separate invisible component from the realtime_DB, it is not available in the new UI (that I could find).

3 Likes

Hi @drted,
The SignIn component is available in the new UI (at least for me) but I haven’t played with it

1 Like

While this may be a fair assumption, RTDB listeners on each screen is only working with a different and distinct RealtimeDB element. The only workaround I could manage was to create a different element for each screen and hence I have had to copy and rename an existing one rather than drag a new one given the new interface.

Hi guys, i love this new editor, very useful for positioning objects wherever i prefer.

But the multi-screen view on same screen it’s causing a very very slow delay of the operations and now i’m not able to work on new screens and move blocks on it

I use airtable get data and list data view on each screens

please let me know if there is a solution

thanks

2 Likes

Hi, I dsicovered the same. Changes on screens are with some delay.
And:
Aren‘t there no more „advanced“ options in the preferences panel?
Positioning the elements on the screen via UI is very nice. But what about layout-elements?

@rollke and @aiasp can you let me know the steps to reproduce this behaviour please?

We have an update in the works for that

1 Like

Hi, i’ve recorded a video to show u the delay, can u see there ?

Thanks for sharing @aiasp - unfortunately you seem to have the video set to private?

Can you update your sharing settings and let me know when that’s done please.

Thanks!

ops sorry

hi ! i’ve uploaded video. thankx!!

I dont have this look

And nothing appears in the feature fan.

Can I do something wrong??

it has changed now @funhall when you create new project there is a switch
see this -

thanks a lot. But can I not use it in a old projet?? Or is it ONLY in new projects???

as per i know it is for new project only

okay. What about importing saved screens??

we can import screen but it will not make it drag and drop @funhall

thanks I found it.
But what is wrong with the Button image wide and high. I cant set that anymore.
And i can only “get” the Computed width" now.

well can you click on the alert symbol @funhall and tell what it is showing