Missing components from Design View

I’m missing a lot of components from the Design View under “Add Components”.

For instance, I can’t find a list of Invisible components anywhere, meaning I can’t create my own rows or columns.
Is there a way to bring them up?

Rows and columns are replaced by “group”.

If you’re missing other functionality, check those tabs on the left edge of the screen - some of what used to be on the main screen is now hidden there. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great, thanks @catsarisky
This doesn’t seem to let me do much though - I can’t set properties like horizontal and vertical alignment.

Is there a way to reveal those properties as well?

I’ve only just barely played with the drag and drop interface, and honestly, I like the old one better. I like being able to toss three buttons into a column or row and just letting the old designer figure out where to put them. I’m sure the new interface is going to be more powerful, but I’m not sure it’s going to get to faster prototypes.

When you drag components within a group around, they’ll snap to left, right, or center alignment within the group. It’s kinda cool.

I’m not sure I know how to get it to do flex-type packing, however…

3 Likes

Thanks for the guidance again @catsarisky :grinning:
I’ll play around with it.

1 Like

I am missing components in the Designer too. For example, the Sound component is missing. It appears to be a very limited set of components. Where did they go?

Many of the components were moved from the Design screen to the Blocks screen. Please look there in the blocks “drawers.” I’m on my phone so I can’t add a screenshot easily but if you still can’t find Sound blocks, let me know.

2 Likes

Ah, thank you! I guess all non-visible components are in the blocks screen now. Thanks - that was driving me crazy.

1 Like

Enough people have had your experience that I think the documentation should really include a note/screenshot about where to find each component.

I’m thinking something like this, @domhnallohanlon & @jane… my additions are highlighted in yellow:

I know a feature request would be helpful but I don’t have time at the moment. Aside: is it just me or did the blocks screenshots in the documentation get ridiculously big recently???

1 Like

You are not alone. There was a change in the forum software and now when you paste a JPG image it is displayed in large size but if you paste a PNG one then it will display normal.

I’m having the same issue - I’m trying to follow the video tutorials on creating an Encyclopedia App but I don’t see the “local DB” option to drag and drop.

It’s been moved to the Data Sources drawer in the list of components on the Blocks tab.