Thunkable starter

Hi.
I have some thoughts of your “Starter” -package, to start with at least, as I think PRO is a bit expensive when you need to count in the apple develop account etc also…
What would you say is the best benefit by use that package instead of free? I can not see why I would pay for what’s listed. IF that package wouldn’t include some possibility to:

1. build more then 1 app at a time on iPhone. this is a really downside with thunkable. at least the free version. I would like to be able to test and try my apps out for a longer time before gett them out the next step. or let other people try it…
  2. remove that logo from the start-splash screen.

I guess these are not any features that are available in this start package? otherwise I guess I would have read about it? But still I can’t see anywhere that these are NOT available in there…?

What package do I need at least to get rid of that logo and to be able to download and install more than 1 app a time on my iPhone for test for a longer time? And, why would I pay for starter package, really?

Thanks for any ideas…

3 Likes

Thanks super-coder. I’ve seen this but I don’t understand it fully… :woozy_face::blush:

1 Like

This is a Apple restriction Thunkable can’t do anything about it.

A Pro subscription

2 Likes

Thanks for this! I apologise if I sound greedy :slight_smile:
I’m thinking of getting the pro subscription later but I feel it’s a bit expensive so I had a look at this starter package instead. But I’m not sure why I would. And if it’s like you say, that the one-app-download is an apple-restriction and the logo is for pro, then I believe I’ll stay with free package until an upgrade to pro feels right in time.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I agree the only reason i’m willing to buy pro is to Publish.
But it’s vway too expensive.

4 Likes

If it helps, the downloaded apps can be installed on top of each other. It’s not a limit of only one app ever. If you download project A and test it and then download project B immediately after that, only B will be available on your phone but then you can download A again, etc. That way, you can test many apps in a single day – for example – but only one can be on your phone at a time.

3 Likes

Thanks, yes I’m aware of that. This is how I work today but I want to get a feeling of daily use in my apps so even though this is how I do today I can’t stop think that to have the apps available all the time during the days would be awesome! But I get it, nothing we can do about it… except for TestFlight I guess?

3 Likes

Yes, TestFlight or publish as a Web App. Web Apps have some limited functionality such as camera use and some APIs but they work for ~90% of the functionality and are a fast way to test changes to a project.

2 Likes

it costs Rs.1500 I don’t have :moneybag: as Thunkable wants :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

I’ve never used web apps. I’ll check that out…
Maybe I could just save a link on home screen I’m my iPhone and that could work kind of the app would after download…? I’ll check… thanks for all tips and feedback

Nope…that didn’t work :man_facepalming:t3::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

To publish the app I need pro right? I can’t publish with free version Thunkable…?

Publishing requires a Pro subscription.

3 Likes