Text displays OK. Related media file does not play

That sounds good. I’ll pursue this.

Thanks to all of you for getting me closer to the finish line.

Try change type column for audio to Single Line Text - изображение

Single line text will only allow you to store the URL. Here the whole audio file was uploaded as “attachment” and zap1 was asking how to play the audio from there. and when we read from the getcell block, it returns the object that contain the URL to access the file. Very cool feature. Just tried with audio and images. This effectively makes Cloudinary redundant. Except uploading files in-situ, this cloudinary can, airtable cannot.

Then I can stop reading about Cloudinary.

Basic example for getting a link to an audio file uploaded to airTable

1 Like

This is advanced method using webAPI blocks with Airtable native REST API. A lot more powerful. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What is the URL in this case?

See airtable api samples in control panel of AirTable for your table

Sorry for the delay.
FYI:
‘The System’ cut off further access for me, as follows:

“You’ve reached the maximum number of replies a new user can create on their first day.
Please wait 21 hours before trying again.”

Anyway:
So, I changed the AirTable column type to Single Line Text, as suggested by @actech.
All cells immediately showed URLs after the file names already in the cells. Nice.

I pointed Sound1 to “url” using ‘get property of object’ as per the block suggestion from @gobassky.
(see below.)
But still no sound.
(Keep in mind I’m a five-year-old.)

What did I do wrong?

Add value to the object

Thanks for helping me with this.

But, still not sound after doing that.

I will test this with another spreadsheet in case that, for some strange reason, will make a difference!

See the attached photos above and check if your blocks match them.

After converting the column, it will contain dirty data, not a clean URL. You will either need to manually clear the values, or do this by using blocks automatically to get a clean URL value

Try to put each subsequent purple blocks inside “then do”… Do note that these blocks are asynchronous. Your block arrangements suggested that you are trying to play a sound before the getcell completes getting the url… .

1 Like