[Solved] Sound playback not working

okay…Thanks

its not letting me attach the empty string

1 Like

Why are you trying to attach an empty string?

1 Like

Oh oops…I misread what u said…got it

1 Like

Has the issue with audio on iOS been resolved?

1 Like

Not yet @carlinmclellan - we have a number of updates scheduled for testing tomorrow and hopefully then most, if not all, of the will be able to go out on Thursday.

Keep an eye on the #announcements for an official release update when this goes out.

2 Likes

Hi all,
I’m in the same boat here. I finished an app more than a year ago at which time sounds (mp3s built in the app) were all working really well in both iOS and Android. I have just revisited that app and without any changes, a download to Android works as expected, and to iOS everything works EXCEPT the sounds.
I’m glad I resisted the temptation to jump in and rearrange things because it sounds as though it perhaps isn’t my own fault, for once.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I tried an iOS build yesterday and no. It’s still not playing audio.

1 Like

Hello -

I have an app that plays a simple 2 second sound that worked fine a few weeks ago and recently redownloaded it after the big thunkable update and now I can’t get any audio to play on ios - live or downloaded. It works fine on the browser.

I have had this issue before and it was the file name but that is not the issue this time.

1 Like

Please refer to the original post

1 Like

Oops sorry about that. I looked for related posts and couldn’t find any.

1 Like

Yep, that’s it exactly.

1 Like

It’s been over a month… what is going on here? When will this be fixed?

4 Likes

Yeah I am still having this issue as well, but luckily my app does not rely on sound even though it uses it. I know some people need a fix though.

1 Like

Any update here?

1 Like

We tested a new fix for this yesterday and it passed with flying colours @tmurachpx.

If it doesn’t make it into today’s release then it should be out early next week.

Thanks for you patience with this.

cc: @cyberdriver @carlinmclellan @TGee @tanisshagunjal @tatiang @tony.ycy.program @aanshi6 @catsarisky @hhuman @rsccreativelab0n0aeo @hemahetalhoajbl

7 Likes

After updating Thunkable live on ios to the latest version, the issue is fixed.

4 Likes

Yes, working once I updated the Thunkable Live app. Phew!

4 Likes

Not yet working for me. I’m in China, trying to get sound working. It’s working in the browser, but not on the iOS app.

1 Like

Did you update Thunkable Live? What version are you using?

1 Like

I just updated. It says Version 266-4

1 Like