[Solved] Sound playback not working

Thank you, I’m following this now too.

1 Like

Hey @hemahetalhoajbl @hhuman (& @tatiang )

Yeah, I’m confused by this - I’ve literally just spoken to another user on chat support who says that Android plays fine but iOS is not working for them.

Can you both just confirm you’re on the latest version of Thunkable Live?

2 Likes

I’ve just confirmed that I’m on the latest build of Live for Android: 264, Mar 22.

1 Like

264 for iOS.

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem - iOS audio suddenly stopped working.
Eagerly awaiting an update, thanks team.

2 Likes

It’s been 6 business days. I’m really hoping for a fix soon. My app has been on the app store for 9 days broken… I know it’s my fault for publishing it that way but I had assumed the sound feature would work from one version to the next. So eager to get this working for my customers.

3 Likes

Just had a quick look there and I can see that we have updates for testing this week around error handling and error messaging in the sound component. There’s still some updates to be done on the component itself but we’re making progress!

3 Likes

Appreciate the update!

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. Please let us know as soon as you have a solution.

2 Likes

I have same problem and also need a quick solution.

2 Likes

Hey Guys, this is the best solution I was able to come up with regarding solutions for this situation. I realized that maybe God wants me to launch my app without the sound and then I was like, “Why not?” And then I just went with it and anything is possible so here is the link to the world’s most non-artificial intelligence mobile application for the salvation of mankind: Visit geeznjeez.com. I’m just doing my part by sharing it with you here first and if the admins see this post fit for another thread, please do your magic. For android users, here’s a link to the last working .apk before it went into the silence: Jesus 2.0 Beta 10

1 Like

Hi @domhnallohanlon It’s been nearly three weeks now. Any ETA on a fix for this?

2 Likes

My team (kids) decided to add sound to their app yesterday. I was glad we have an android phone to test on now - we wasted some time trying to figure out why the iPhone they were using wasn’t working first…

1 Like

I have an audio in my app which works perfectly on the laptop…but when i live test it on the phone it does not work at all…What should i do ??

1 Like

This happened to me a lot, and I am not sure why. I didn’t really find a way to fix, instead I just switched to mainly using the live preview available.

1 Like

Post of a screenshot of your blocks. There’s a known issue with sound source selection.

2 Likes

1 Like

Hi guys,
I have a simple function where the user can record a soundfile with one button and then play it with another button. On android it works fine. On ios it does not work. No sound playing. When alerting the source of the sound, it gives me a correct *.m4a file.

Iam not sure, but maybe this was working some days ago.

Any ideas?

2 Likes

I think there is a problem with the sound effects!

1 Like

If you check the value of the green “error” block (you should always check the value using a label), you will probably get a message that the source could not be loaded. That’s the known bug I mentioned.

3 Likes