[Solved] Live App not Functioning Properly

Hi,
I am fairly new to Thunkable, but believe it holds much promise doing app development work with my middle school classes.
I have made two apps, one of which is “My Phone Can Talk” tutorial from Hour of Code. To test, i have installed the Thunkable Live app on an Android phone, and two ipads with different OS versions - both 10 or higher. The Live app lists the two apps, but when I attempt a live test, the device screen blinks but does not show me the app.
Also, each time I click “Live Test” on my Thunkable browser window, I get a prompt to login to my thunkable app on my device.
I hope I am explaining the issue fully.
Any support would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much,
Marco

Ever tried to logout the thunkable account?

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion - I tried without success.

Just for the sake of asking really - but are you signed into Thunkable X and Thunkable Live with the same email? (can happen when you have personal and work addresses, especially if the tablets are a shared resource too)

Yes, thanks for asking, Domhnall. Logged in with Google on both.
The Live app actually worked in the past on my phone. Now it blinks on my phone and IPad when i live test but does not do anything else.

Strange…I’m not experiencing any issues on my end.

Are your phones/iPads connected to the school WiFi?

Can you try with your phone connected via data just to rule that out?

Thanks

I’m having the same exact problem. Yes I’m logged into the correct email on both the device and the computer side. Every time I go to live test my app it just blinks and I don’t get the option to test it. This is when I using Ipads

I’m having the same exact problem. Yes I’m logged into the correct email on both the device and the computer side. Every time I go to live test my app it just blinks and I don’t get the option to test it. This is when I using Ipads. Yes I connecting to school wifi

1 Like

Is it because I’m running the most recent verison on my ipads and Thunkable has not caught up/adjusted?

Hi @dwomack :wave:

Sorry to hear that our Live Testing app is misbehaving.

Just to confirm you’re running iOS 12.4.1 and not beta testing version 13?

Also, we didn’t hear back from @mzimbalatti, but can you check that it’s not some security setting on your school WiFi causing this?

Thanks!

@domhnallohanlon,your team can make a simple latest version alert to announce they should be updated and reduce many of kind of these issues.

1 Like

Sorry the late reply. There is not a wifi setting on our network. In fact, my colleague tried in my office and his works! I am going to explore further on Monday.
Thx,
Marco