[Resolved] Issues while using addIconMarker and addPolyline Map Blocks - April 2022

Yeah I found that all the location sensor stuff is working but markers and polylines were crashing my screen

Hi all,

Just to touch base here we did not make progress on this over the weekend. However, we will have an engineer begin looking at this today. Thank you all for bearing with us, unsure what the issue is but I’m sure hoping that we get it figured out very quickly! I’m sure our engineering team will be all over this and I will keep you all updated as I find out more details!

@jared may I ask if you (Thunkable) upgraded the react-native-maps from 0.30.1 to 0.31.0 or 0.31.1?

If this update has taken place on production servers then this could be the source of the latest issue with the map.

When I add a map marker to my app, the app crashes. Not sure why. Everything looks good. Below is the screenshot of my blocks.

Capture

See this post.

Thank for the link. Now that I know it is a bug I can wait until they work out the problem. I thought I was going crazy because nothing was working.

1 Like

I suggest that you delete this post and add a cpomment to the other post so that you get the alert when something happens.

Will do, thanks for the advice

Please somebody help me. I’m newby on Thunkable. I had create simple map app and try to add marker on map.

I experience that it crash while live test. Any suggestion what I missed?

1 Like

Welcome to Thunkable

This is a known issue. Please see this post.

3 Likes

Hi, you aren’t the problem there’s an issue, look all the posts from the begining, Thunkable team has hands on it, all hopes they resolve it fast… :wink:

4 Likes

I hope it’s resolved soon :blush: We are running a hackaton around Thunkable and others (https://upsteam.es/) and some participants rely on maps to finish their projects. Best of luck to find the root cause.

2 Likes

I’m posting so that I’m notified when there’s a fix! We are also trying to place map markers and getting crashes.

2 Likes

I hope a fix comes soon. I have a project to do that involves maps. I was having the same problem.

4 Likes

has this been resolved?

As far I know, not yet.
But the we have the commitment from @jared to post a notification here when solved!

Do we have any update with the map glitch yet??? or any updates???

I don’t believe so. However, I really hope they get it fixed soon. I’m using the thunkable platform for a pet tracking app, and I cannot track any pets right now :confused:

Hello all!
I’m happy to announce that our fix has been pushed out to the live production environment. That means that when you add a block in the builder and you use it in the companion app where I downloaded app it should work.

One caveat to this is that android hasn’t actually approve the build for us yet so it’s not released yet. It is being reviewed by android and it should be released by Monday it’s just not ready yet. That said Apple turned around very quickly for us and they approved our newest version of the companion app. I tested it this morning on my iPhone and found that everything was working perfectly. I also tested out the android version on my test device which also performed perfectly!

In addition to this groups have a new feature! You know that annoying thing that happens when you click on an item that’s in a group and it makes everything kind of grout? That doesn’t have to happen anymore because groups and I have a new property called touch opacity.

Play around with it to get the right field for any group that you use in your project! Stay tuned for exciting new updates coming soon

@josh.pilot538 @paulovaz72 @delee_techdeveloper @nikolasloucaniq95j @agutthon777c @john_shelbyhtmq @ioannisroungeris

Per feedback from @mimostel:

You may need to both download a new Thunkable Live App AND execute a hard refresh OR pull a new block on the screen. This causes the project to auto save to our cloud. It this doesn’t work, however, you can open the blocks page for each affected screen and do a hard refresh.

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Issues using onCallOutPress map block