Add marker causing live testing app to crash

I am making an app that tracks the international space station. I have a timer set to fire every half a second. This app pulls the data from a web api and i have the map set to follow these coordinates. That part works fine. But as soon as i try to add a marker, the app simply crashes. i tried doing it that it adds a marker when the screen opens, in case the timer caused a backlog, but no luck. It still crashes. Anybody know whats up?

Here is my code:

All help is much appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

Disable the addMarker block. Is the application crashing or working well? If it works, then connect the blocks of latitude and longitude to the addMarker block through the mathematical block of summation with 0. Does it work?

1 Like

The application crashes only when i add inn the add marker block. Otherwise it works a dream and the map tracks the position. I just want to add a marker for a more precise view of where the iss is.

Can you explain what you mean? Do you mean latitude + 0 and longitude + 0?

1 Like

Yes, thanks to this, the string will be converted to a numeric type.

1 Like

That works great.

Thanks for that.

Now though the marker blinks, is there any other way of not having this? It would be great to have a floating action button that i could plop in the middle of the screen :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Maybe i could use a polyline? and have the line invisible?

How could i create coordinates from the lat and lon. I am unsure of the way to join them.

Thanks

I think that you cannot get rid of the blinking, because when you add a marker, the component is redrawn. The floating button is easy to make. Give it absolute positioning on the screen.

Using a polyline is a good solution, but it will also flash.

1 Like

Thank you so much. That works just fantastic. Thank you.