Is it possible to customize certain words in a sentence (bold/italic/etc.)?

Hi! I am looking for a way to bold/italicize certain words in a sentence in a label. Something like this -

This is a sample sentence. A quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

I have seen this question multiple times here, but they are all old posts. It was not possible to something like this back then - can we do this now? or does someone have any workaround for this? Thanks!

P.S. I have tried using pre-bolded words (from yaytext.com / etc.), but they appear different from the rest text (in iOS only; in Android everything looks fine).

2 Likes

I don’t think anything has changed since you asked this in May:

3 Likes

If you are using StP then you can use this trick I used in this project
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/6120f1399a4679001179829a

1 Like

Thanks @tatiang & @muneer - I just had a talk with my client, and he said they’ll have a very small iOS user base, majority would be Android users. So now it doesn’t matter if the text appears different. The pre-bolded text (from yaytext.com) looks perfect in android devices, which is a good thing.

Let’s hope this feature comes to Thunkable in the future :smiley:

@muneer Thanks for the project link! As I said above, using pre-bolded text has solved my problem. And thanks to your project, I have solved one of my other problems :blush: Cheers!

You’re welcome. I don’t have the ability to delete topics. Plus, @muneer provided an updated link to a project and you mentioned yaytext.com which sounds interesting so I’d say this still has value. Thunkable Staff can delete it if needed.

1 Like