Everything you need to know about the API 29 Update

Your app currently targets API level 28 and must target at least API level 29 to ensure it is built on the latest APIs optimized for security and performance. Change your app’s target API level to at least 29

1 Like

I am also facing this issue

Thunkable’s team is working on update to API level 29. It is tracked in another thread. Last told was that it is “within days” from getting it up.

1 Like

Hey @sam_mo - as per my original post

We have done some internal testing and are ready now to do testing with a pre-selected group of users. If everything goes ok then we’ll be able to do a more general release, but if not we will need to do further work.

Have you reached out to PRO support in relation to this? We sent out an update in relation to this 6 hours ago.

1 Like

If it’s suppose subscribers receive any information about this problem, I did not receive anything.

I join thunkable this mount just to create one app to Google Play Store and then I see this notice about API 29, I am waiting since.

I hope you can fix this quickly or let me join this group of test users.
Thank you.

2 Likes

I’m waiting too for the update. I’m also a PRO user, I have not been able to upload my app to Google Play Store and my suscription is about to finish. Hope this gets fixed ASAP

Hi friends,

We have a testing instance ready and it should be on production (x.thunkable.com) very soon.

If you want to have an early access and help testing, please email hello@thunkable.com with the title Android API 29 testing.

Thanks,
Wei

3 Likes

Should I write an email to THUNKABLE PRO SUPPORT requesting early access to the API 29 testing?

Wei,

if i am develop in thunkable classic, how do i upgrade to api 29?
i believed there is no option to export api 29.

Hi @domhnallohanlon,

how do I reach the PRO support? Do you mean opening a github issue?

guys they will soon update API 29 be patience

The update will be out today.

8 Likes

Not good enough. Please specify the exact time.

1 Like

0 second < exact time < 3,600 seconds :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

why thunkable is so slow in process. where is this " 0 second < exact time < 3,600 seconds". please update as fast as possible

I am eagerly waiting for update. release as soon as possible

APKs build on Thunkable are now targeting API 29

Thank you to all our users for your patience and understanding with this and massive thank you in particular to @jose for all your incredible work on this.

13 Likes

Very Thank You !

2 Likes

Brilliant job guys, thanks.

2 Likes