Google Play target api requirements

I received a message in my Google Console that says:

“We’ve detected that your app is targeting an old version of Android. To provide users with a safe and secure experience, Google Play requires all apps to meet target API level requirements.
From August 31, 2023, if your target API level is not within 1 year of the latest Android release, you won’t be able to update your app.
To continue making updates to your app, ensure your app targets Android 13 (API level 33).”

I applied for an extension and received the following message:

“You’ve been granted an extension until November 1, 2023 to update your app to comply with some target API level requirements.
From November 1, 2023, if your target API level is not within 1 year of the latest Android release, you won’t be able to update your app.”

Is there something I need to do to correct this or is Thunkable working on a solution?

Hello @finbarr.mccarthytl32 :wave:,
You can make sure that you have the latest API version of our app by uploading a new AAB file on the Google Play Store.

Currently, our apps are built with Android API 33 and target Android 13.

You can check the latest version we have here: App Download - Thunkable Docs

The AAB file I uploaded is the latest one - build 48 or 49 built yesterday.

Unless the message doesn’t relate to this app at all but to an older app, externally built, that has been unchanged for a few years.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.