Everything you need to know about the API 29 Update

I had just bought pro membership but now it seems that my pro membership might end up before i can publish to play store… is there anyway that you are gonna help us with on this topic?

Expo had updated their SDK: effective Aug 5th, what about Thunkable please?

STATUS UPDATE

• This change has been deployed to SDK38 Android builders on August 5th, 14:38 UTC.
  • Android apps built after that moment in time will have the targetSdkVersion set to 29 .
  • Apps built before that moment will remain on targetSdkVersion = 28 .
  • You will need to rebuild your app after that moment for your AAB/APK to include this change.
  • If you’re using turtle-cli to build your standalone apps, to have this change included in your build, please upgrade to version equal or higher than 0.17.1 .
1 Like

Hey @joel - absolutely! Please contact support@thunkable.com, from your PRO account, and we can go from there.

Thanks.

1 Like

I had the same problem. i upgraded to PRO only to find out that I cant publish on Play store

@domhnallohanlon

Hi @domhnallohanlon

Sorry to push but it is becoming a serious issue. two weeks have passed since we first raised this issue which is solved globally. Do you have a timeline please?

Thanks,
Sam

@lucky.balboa - thanks for reaching out, have you been in contact with PRO support?

@mattia.guariglia … yes? You just tagged me without asking a question or providing any context. Is there something in particular you’d like help with?

@sam_mo this is not solved “globally”, it is currently only working for expo user who are availing of the expo build servers. We have our own build servers so we’re in the same boat as you. Until Expo complete their update we’re in a holding pattern.

Thanks for your last 5 messages, but it’s important to understand that continually posting here will not get this update done any faster.

Can you please give us some more context as to your own background please?

• What sort of apps are you trying to publish?
  • Do you have any apps published already?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello,
Will api 29 be available in the classic thunkable export?

Thank you

1 Like

@petrondraczwj2 welcome to the community :wave:

No, Classic stopped receiving updates in 2019 - thanks for asking, I’ve updated the FAQs now to reflect this too.

Do you have an app in the Play Store that was originally created with Classic?

2 Likes

Hello @domhnallohanlon and fellow thunkers
Thanks for all the help as you have probably been busy!
I have an app which I made with thunkable and I already have a few apps on the play store but different apks and stuff!
Is there any way I can update one them with my new app I made from thunkable!
Not to bug you or anything but is there a update on the api 29 as I believe it has been two weeks from your post!
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi @blast24blast46ydf

If you’re updating an existing app then there’s no issue with this, the API 29 requirement is only for new apps that are being published to the store for the first time.

We’re hoping to test an update ourselves later next week with a view to being able to release it around the 21st or 24th, but again, that “release date” is completely dependent on the testing being successful. If there are any issues discovered during testing then the full public release will necessarily have to be pushed back.

Hope that makes sense.

7 Likes

@domhnallohanlon Thanks we waiting because i made my first app and to publish it. I created google console account with 25$ on August 9. and when we upload APK it says that API should be 29 and we worried so much and we are waiting for Thunkable to update to API 29 . when you say that API will be updated at 21 - 24 we are little happy.so please release API 29 as soon as possible.

1 Like

I also waiting for thunkable update to API Version 29 my 3 app pending to update API Version.

Dear sir.my all application are made with apps . thunkable, beta.thunkable ,but this time google play console want API 29 key but apps.thunkable available API key 28 and my apps update rejected.my all application are 100k and 50k and my apps downloader want update my apps and I waiting your update API 29 . please solve this problem very soon .my apps lossing
money

Thanks for reaching out @gmmujahid2005o - the nice this about a Play Store account is that it’s a one-time fee, so you will have this account for life.

Thanks for your encouragement and patience.

You can update existing apps until November @firojmultane45679x6j - this change is not preventing you from updating an existing app.

Best of luck with your updates!

@razakkhan1122334450s I’m a little unclear about what you’re asking here. Are you updating some of these old apps or are you trying to upload a new app?

We stopped working on Classic in 2019 and have been messaging users, both here and by email, about this for well over a year…just wanted to confirm that you were aware of this?

21 Aug … Any updates ??
We are still waiting

@domhnallohanlon

7 Likes

Hi! I am trying to find a way to update the app I created to API level 29 and cannot find any work-around. Can you help me? I need to app published tomorrow and we subscribed to PRO for it.

3 Likes

24 aug 2020 the day of release of API 29 by thunkable. any update @domhnallohanlon sir.
sir we are eagerly waiting for API 29

3 Likes

We are getting very close on finishing up Android API 29 updates. We should be able to get it out within days.

Best,
Wei

cc: @m.ahsantufailmol @condecarlmarxt79 @newman1994211pt @razakkhan1122334450s @firojmultane45679x6j @gmmujahid2005o @blast24blast46ydf @petrondraczwj2 @sam_mo @mattia.guariglia @lucky.balboa @joel @jefmor @Ironchorch_Yo @Michael_Rogulla @gobassky @devivinity @eoinparkinson @poveronaxg @kizzy @abhimanyukrishna943z @Leito @brnyza4z5 @thottiyilabhilashhd7 @francabral @viverealisbonao9 @pathumrupasinghe674h

5 Likes

Hi @wei

Thanks for the update.
Can you be more specific in terms of days please?
Alike many in this topic we are paid users so an official communication should be arranged when it comes to major updates taking 1 month.

Thank you for your understanding.

2 Likes