Everything you need to know about the API 29 Update

Thanks for the update @domhnallohanlon!
Huge thank you to @jose as well :tada: :tada: :tada:

6 Likes

Thanks everyone! Please do let us know if you find any issues.

5 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for keeping us updated along the way.

1 Like

Cheers to the team.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Working super fine!!

My app now has location permission and I can not update the app because my app’s target audience includes children under 13

sounds like that’s a separate issue @point?

Probably yes, but I got this comment without making any changes to the app (I just updated the app to update to API 29)

Can you share some screenshots with us?

Do you really need to be gathering the location information?

Is it just an issue of you not having a data protection or privacy policy in place?

@domhnallohanlon this could indeed be the reason why but sometimes we need your help to remain compliant with privacy regulations, hence this request I raised a while ago. Just fyi, we would love to see this being implemented. Many thanks.

1 Like

I do not have any location component in the application, here is a screenshot of the permissions of the previous version and the new version (I do not need the other permissions either):

Sure - but do you have a webviewer? or a map? The permissions that your app requires will be based on the components you are using.

The application has the following components: Alert, Text To Speech, Local Storage, Timer, Realtime DB, Sound, Button (s), Label (s), Lottie (s), Row (s), Loading Icon, Slider (s) and Column (s)

Dom,
how about thunkable classic? i have apps to update there

1 Like

Hey @ozel1978 :wave:

We’re not planning on any further updates to Classic:

Happy to help you with any questions you might have in relation to migrating your project to Thunkable. Possible to share link(s) to your published projects?

Hi

I am having this error since the update

User validation failed: payments.0.processStarted: Cast to date failed for value “true” at path “processStarted”. Thats when I create a new app.

you mean classic can migrate to thunkable x? or meaning i have to do design from begining?

@ozel1978, yep, you’ll have to rebuild it, but we have lots of templates and open source projects that you can use to speed up this process.

Can you share a link to your app in the Play store please and I can suggest where to get started.

Thanks.

I have uploaded app before august using api 28, but this app cannot be downloaded from playstore for below android 9 user, How do I solve this problem?
How do I configure my app so that Android Version 4.0 Users and higher android version users can download and use the app?
If I monetize my app with admob does I need to share the revenue with thunkable?