Application launch bug [Aug 2022]

Can you try to find the app in Playstore, please? The name is Sanjo comida

these are what i see. did you just make it available her ein the US?

Yes, i add USA.

let me a minute, almost finish the test in playtore.

I send you the e-mail a new link for the version 33 (this file is for the test)
Can you try with this link can you try this link while they release the tester, please? :grinning:

I just got your email, but that’s not what I’m looking for. Sorry for not being clear earlier. When you put an app into the android store you should use an internal testing track to check the app for errors before you push it out to all of your users. Are you doing any testing through the android Consol? If so please share a link to the test with me or a link to the app in the store.

1 Like

Can you try with this tester link please?

I add the link for project in thunkable:

https://x.thunkable.com/projects/62f648cddd3fc20225f986d4/ff325759-a8c8-4356-819a-fa77c815721d/designer

Per our email, it seems that the device you are having issues on is not a device that we actively support. We are supporting Android 10, 11, 12 at this time.

Hi Jared,

How can I configure the application to Android 10, 11 and 12 in playstore? Because my device is android 11 and it doesn’t run like all the devices I’ve tried with. Munner also tested on his device and did not run the app.
or is it a playstore theme that wants to put the application to other version android?

Can you try the test with this link (check below) in your device?

1 Like

I was going based on this report you shared

But you say it’s crashing still? We will look into this further today.

I’m on Android 12 and the same issue I can see in my phone although I used the .aab file directly and installed it to my phone using a bundle installer.

1 Like

Hello All

I hope you are good

I share the summary of this issue:

1. The app is not new.
  2. The application does not have admob.
  3. The .apk works very well, IOS, thunkable live (web) and the app.
  4. The app worked fine until version 19.
  5. When I uploaded the update to version 20, the bug that we already know appeared.This one showed only the “Sanjo food” app logo.
  6. I was trying to upload more versions with the aim of removing the bug until version 30. Only the Thunkable logo appeared in this one and not the Sanjo food application logo.
  7. I have tested with different android devices (10 and 11) and the problem persists.
  8. Muneer helped us perform the test with his device (android version 12) and the error persists.
  9. Yesterday a tester test was carried out in playstore and the report says that there is an error in android 9 but there is also an error in the application since they mentioned a warning and sent a screen shot about the same bug problem:

to be sure here, you are not converting the .apk to .aab somehow are you?

So when running this through the logger, i see null is not an object indicating there is a null value being relied upon somewhere.

are you using admob, push messaging, assistant, iap, or maps?

I am pinging our eng team about this today :slight_smile:

Hi @jared
With the following question: you are not converting the .apk to .aab somehow are you?
I do not know how to do it.

The app does use push notifications, and is linked to firebase.

I am asking if you are receiving an .apk file and then converting it to a .aab file by changing the file name?

1 Like

No, I didn’t.

By the way, when you download the APK and install it in the device it works. The only thing that doesn’t work is the AAB.

1 Like

I filed a bug report about this yesterday. I will keep you posted as I learn more about hte issue.

2 Likes

Hi Jared

I hope you are good.

Thanks for send the report to the engineers.

One question, Do you know what response time they have?

Nice weekend!

Hi @jared

I hope you are good.

Do you know if the engineering department sent any response on this issue?

It could be that the error is when thunkable builds and uploads version number 20 and 30.

When it is versions within an interval of 20 (20,21,22,23, etc) the error is there and it shows only the app logo.

When they are versions within the interval 30 (30,31,32,33, etc) the error exists and the logo changes to the thunkable one.

Hi @jared @cassandra

I hope you are good

I saw the new version 31 API topic in other post. Do you know if my issue will be fixed with the 31 API version?

Yesterday i sent the publish Android with 31 API beta, but the issue is still.

Thank you for your support

1 Like