Application launch bug [Aug 2022]

Hello all

I hope you are good.

I made a new update of an app and sent it to playstore. When I start the new application, it does not run and stays at the initial logo of the application. Are you so kind to help me, please?
I think that when thunkable builds the android app the bug happens.

Thank you!

Does your app work in the companion app? Have you tried to download it instead of publishing?

1 Like

Let me check but in thunkable app live, the app works good.

I already downloaded the application without publishing it and it works.

Do you know what it could be?

I don’t know what it could be, since it’s specific to the published app.

I see… Do you know how long it will take to fix? :smiling_face_with_tear:

The staff regularly checks this forum so hopfully they should see this post soon :grinning:

1 Like

Hello all

I hope you are good!

Do you know if this issue has already been closed?

Thank you

Hello

Would you be so kind to tell me if someone is reviewing this topic, please?

Thank you

I’m not sure, as soon as someone from Thunkable is able to review it they should hopefully reach out. Please be patient.

1 Like

Hey @ingraulbarbosa70a

Is there admob in your account by chance? Could you share the project link with me to review?

1 Like

Hey Jared!

I hope you are good!

For shure, this is the link:
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/b93f570834624fe4ed0ca34e26cc2d57

and the app is without the admob.

Thank you for your support!

@Jared_Gibb

2 Likes

Your app relies heavily on cloud data. Can you provide a screen shot of the Database Rules in use in Firebase Realtime Database?

1 Like

Hello Muneer

I hope you are good!

This is the screen shot:

1 Like

Hi Munner,

I tried again to publish android with a backup copy that I have of this app (old version that worked fine in playstore) and the same error stills when initialize the app. I think it is when thunkable builds the app to be published on Android, since it works if the app is downloaded without being published, when it´s tested on the live web and in the thunkable app too.

2 Likes

The question is Are you using multiple Gmail accounts?

In particular, is the Gmail account used for Thunkable/Firebase console different than that of App Store?

1 Like

Hello Muneer

You are correct, I had another gmail account open (different from the one I have with thunkable). Yesterday I changed the accounts and sent the application for review, until today they accepted it and it has the same bug.

I have already restarted the browsers and sent the app to playstore again, I´m waiting for playstore release it again.

On the other hand, when I upload the app to the play store, these warnings appear before sending the production version to review.

In the past, the first warning did not appear (with the good version)

1 Like

Hello

The app has already been released in playstore and the bug continues. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

This warning is being taken care of by the Thunkable developers.

I was wondering if it is an authentication issue.

You can download the APK and it should work fine. Can you ask a friend to install the APK you created in his/her phone and try if if works?

2 Likes

Hello Munee

Yes i down

Yes, i download the .apk and if it works correctly and also on other devices.
I think the issue is in the construction of android publish.
in the other hand I published the same version in IOS, I’m going to find an iphone to download and see if the same bug appears.

Just to clarify, the bug does not let you start the app, it does not enter to load any images, it only stays on the first screen when you open the app that is its logo.

1 Like

When you say other devices, do you mean devices belongs to other and are not using the same Gmail account you used for your Firebase console?

It is important that the device you test on uses a different Gmail account than yours.