Application launch bug [Aug 2022]

yes, other devices. This application is already in version 19 in play store when it worked fine. I have clients using it on their devices. I tried to publish a new version in playstore and that error came out.

1 Like

Hello
I already checked on IOS and it works great, i download the app on the app store. It’s a thunkable issue to build and publish on play store.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification.

1 Like

Hello everyone

I hope you are good.

Do you know if the developers are working on this issue?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @ingraulbarbosa70a

I can’t seem to reproduce this issue on my side. Can you please send a minimal example that demonstrates this challenging behavior?

Also, can you add me a tester for this app? If it is crashing upon app load, we can connect it to a bug log reader and see if anything sticks out.

Can you send the actual project link via DM so that I can take a look at yours and not the copy

Can you also send a copy of the .aab to jared@thunkable.com?

Hello Jared

I hope you are good!

You can see a video for the issue in this link:

One question, how can i add you to a tester?

In a few minutes i send the .aab file.
I already sent the email,
Some other information is missing let me know
Thank you!

2 Likes

Hello @jared

I hope you are good!

The information that I sent you,

Was it useful for the test? :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @ingraulbarbosa70a
I would like to test if the same happens in my phone. Can you share the .aab file and send me the link as PM so I can install it in my phone and test it.

1 Like

Hello Munner

I already sent the mail. On the otherhand I sent the .aab to play store again and now it’s worse because it doesn’t even load the image of the application logo anymore. Just the Thunkable one. I’m going to make publicity :smiling_face_with_tear: :rofl:

the worst thing is that I have users using the application.

1 Like

I can only assume it is a corrupted .aab file of some sort.

I tried your link to install it in my phone using an aab installer but I got that my version is outdated. The installer I use will cross check with same signature app in play store.

1 Like

Do you know if your tester was able to update?:pensive:

1 Like

I can confirm your findings.

When I installed your app from the .aab file it stops on the first screen.

But when I installed your app from .APK it worked fine.

1 Like

Yes for the .apk works good and publish IOS , thunkable live and app.

Only bug appears in publish android.

Are you so kind to tell me what is the next step? Thank you for the test!

1 Like

This is a BUG in the build servers and the development team needs to take care of it.
@jared
@cassandra

2 Likes

It might be related to this?

1 Like

This would be true if it is a new app. The app in question is an update not new.

Again, I used a bundle installer which has nothing to do with Play Store but got the same outcome.

2 Likes

Looking into this this morning @ingraulbarbosa70a

I’ll be hooking the app up to a logger to check what, if anything, gets outputted by the error logger while booting up the app.

2 Likes

Hi @jared

Thank you very much,

If any information is missing, I can help.

1 Like

can you make the app available in the United states? otherwise i can’t teset it

Yes, let me make it.

On the other hand i working for playstore test.