Why do people keep making earning apps?

Hi there! :smiley:
I hope you all have a great day! :smiley:

Lately, I have been thinking.
Why do people make earning apps?
They will only get your account suspended, and the ad revenue isn’t very much. Also, the only person who will use the app is the developer and maybe some friends.

Don’t get me wrong, I love that the developers can put ads in the app they are making. I just don’t see the point in making earning apps.

So could anyone please help me understand why people keep making them? :confused:

-Philip

3 Likes

How much ad uses in one single app?

Yep, i also see an increase in users wanting to make earning apps. And if there is something that i really don’t like it is users making earning apps but also users begging for aia-files of an earning app.

The only reason that i can think of is that developers think they can make money quickly. That they get there acounts suspended eventually is something that they are not thinking of.

I can see a danger for Thunkable and all other builders if big companies like Google are thinking that Thunkable and other builders are just for making earning apps and blocking all apps made with it.

5 Likes

Just complementing what @Peter_Mathijssen says, I can see many new Thunkable users that even don’t know what logic is, don’t know the basics of Thunkable, start their apps and when the first error produced by them appears, they start to send posts like “Please, help me urgently”. For sure there is something wrong with this.

3 Likes

Hi,
You are such a very kind, generous person, and maybe come from a developed country as well.
I think there are many answers for your question, some of them are:

• People will never know how much can they get from ads in their app, if they don’t do it. And with many successful stories “reported” by media, they have more reasons to do this. One more thing, where do you come from man? Don’t know if you know about this
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_percentage_of_population_living_in_poverty
    ?( I know with the same user numbers, developers in different country will get the different amount.)
  • Because Thunkable and Appybuilder (I don’t know about Makedroid) provide ad components. Why they do this?
  • Ad in someways is a donation. We know that many developers make free extensions for us to use (Thank you guys!) , but they (not all) also put a link to donate. And not only these extension developers, you can see this every in the internet.
    I have more to say, but because of my poor English, I will stop here.
    I come from an undeveloped country, a poor student, I put ad in my app too, why? Because I want to make some money; I cannot donate extension dev or anyone without money. Because people in my country love free app; and a paid app can be hack easily. Finally, I want to know can I make a “success” commercial app.
    Big
4 Likes

you all guys are right but in india here are all the thunkers are only use thunkable for earning and dont know how the thunkable is usefull i mean if we create great apps we’ve earn but why they do this is just for money

1 Like

This is definitely a huge problem. To prevent people from abusing Thunkable for earning apps, we are starting to blacklist users and their apps, so we highly encourage everyone to not build an earning app.

11 Likes

Thanks for all the replys :blush:
It is nice to see both sides of the argument and I now have a better understanding of why people keep making earning apps :slightly_smiling_face:

I too think it is a problem. App inventor and the other contributor’s apps have long been considered “shovelware” but I think that, as more time goes by, we prove the “shovelware” thing wrong… but not earning apps. In my eyes, earning apps are shovelware.

-Philip

3 Likes

I entirely agree!!!

1 Like

Same thing I am also trying to say my all subscribers now they are creating great apps like age calculator , FIFA world cup , love calculator and many more

1 Like

Which types of earning app we should not make

amrita mam i think your dicision to block accounts will not gonna work coz after you block any account they will create a new one with other gmail id i think you need to do that the account you will block see thier admob ad unit id which they used in thier app and after blocking him if that person will create a new account and use that ad unit id again then block that account or show them a message that this ad unit id is blocked this will hope this will help you

1 Like

That’s one of the reasons I don’t like to send any AIA, except in case it’s for FREE. The most important thing is TO LEARN the basics of Thunkable, to see how the things are, test it and see the results yourself. To say that because you are poor, does not mean you have rights to hack any APK, because it is not legal, independent if you are poor or not.

4 Likes

what is an earning app?

2 Likes

@Bixby Basically, an earning app is an app with the sole purpose of making money. It normally abuses the ad components provided by Thunkable or one of the other block editors. The developers of these apps have groups were they use each others earning apps to make as much money as possible. These apps often do not comply with the terms of service of the ad provider used.

Those apps was blacklisted by this community about 1 year ago. The reason was that those apps are considered shovelware and therefor do not serve a good purpose, like the other apps here.

-Philip

1 Like

I’m making an app that rewards people for answering questions and giving advice, would this be considered an earning app? The purpose is to create reason for people to answer, and a reason for people to ask (since responses will be almost immediate$

Please make sure you take the time to familiarise yourself with the AdMob guidelines:

https://support.google.com/admob/answer/7372450?hl=en

2 Likes

I don’t think so, you’re not abusing the admob system so I think it’s okay :blush:

-Philip

1 Like

this is because people want to get rich… :moneybag:

i dont know but not only indians even others who have a habit of earning money do it . i think they shall keep investor for them cuz they think money is life