Whats wrong with my block

Hey guys, I am new to Thunkable. I am creating a small page that use speech to text and while certain words are saying some text is written to the second text input which called SpeechLabel.
The words from the speech to text are written in RecordedLabel. For some reason it dosen’t work and I tried many things. I do get the speech to text words to apper in RecordedLabel but nothing on SpeechLabel.
I will add a photo.

Thank’s for the help.

1 Like

Welcome to Thunkable.

I see that you are using the Hint instead of Text of both labels. Any reason for that?

2 Likes

Hey @muneer thanks for replaying. I followed a youtube tutorial and they used Hint, but I tried with text to and it didn’t work. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hey
Can you send us a copy of your project?
Did you test it on a phone device?

2 Likes

Hey @ioannisroungeris thank’s for replaying. I managed to fix it by puting the “if” statments inside the block of the speech to text it self. I have another question, is there a way to make the speech recognition listening time more then like one second as it is as default? thank’s for your help!

2 Likes

If you want to delay an action you can use the control block before your action for example before the block “set RecordedLabel’s Hint to recognized speech n English”
Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 2.27.44 PM

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.