[SOLVED] Webviewer Not Showing Local Files

I’m having trouble loading local HTML assets correctly on the smartphone. Webview works fine. A simple demo is below:

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/c4e791242fe485bff6b7d655fa4c46a2
Am I doing something wrong?

Hi @KaneoheKid
please elaborate by giving your expectation

Hey

I guess Everything is working whats the issue??

Thanks for the response. I’ll elaborate. The expectation is that the webviewer window will display the same in both the web preview and on a smartphone device. On the web preview, after pressing the “Load HTML” button, the HTML file is properly displayed in the Web_Viewer1 window:

while on a smartphone running the Thunkable Live companion (or an APK) i get an error with the same project:

Why won’t the HTML file display properly on the smartphone?

Did you create the HTML??

Did you try APK??
cuz
APK is a bit different from Live Test

That does seem strange. Can you share the html file that you’re using?

I can’t attache the HTML asset to this thread, but it is in the demo project (link shown above). LMK if i need to send it another way.

My actual project, which had been published for the past three years, had this and a number of other *.html document assets. It worked fine until my latest update, which did not touch the assets or other blocks but simply brought it up to Android 14 compatibility.

The problem is that a Web Viewer needs an initial url value. You left it blank so it’s causing an error.

Thanks @tatiang. That kind of worked. By adding a web address (https://google.com). I was able to load an asset html. However, it is not consistent, subsequent calls for html’s would generate the same error (see revised project on a smartphone, I’m using Androids). I’m starting to think this is more of a bug than an inept user :wink:

Also, in my case, my other app can be used offline so having to start with a web address would make it fail. Interesting issue.

ig u maked it :innocent:

Hello @KaneoheKid
We can understand that it is frustrating and appreciate you taking the time to investigate and provide more information.
It seems to be an issue when you set the web viewer’s URL to the HTML name using blocks.
We will flag it to our engineering team and will provide an update as soon as possible.
Thank you, again, for your time and patience in this matter.

Thanks, I’m glad I was able to provide enough information to help you identify the issue.

I found out that most of gov sites can’t be used in Web Viewer, specifically in India

Hello @KaneoheKid
thank you again for your patience. I would like to let you know that we have now officially released a fix for this issue.

Please keep in mind that you may need to do a hard refresh of your browser for the changes to take effect in your project. If you experienced any of these issues on the Thunkable Live app, you will need to update to the latest version through the App Store and/or Google Play Store before any changes will occur. If your downloaded or published app is affected by any of these issues, you will need to re-download or re-publish your app for these changes to take effect.

1 Like