Webviewer displays cached versions of html packages

I am working on an app which uses a number of HTML pages saved as assets which are opened in the webviewer. If I edit the page leaving the file name the same and then replace (first delete then add) the file in the app, the original file is displayed and not the new edited one. This happens on both iOS and android and with both the companion and published apps. But only if the file has been opened in the app before. If the app had NOT accessed the file previously, the replaced version is the one that is displayed. Is there a way to clear the cache so that the earlier file does not show up?

This sample project demonstrates the issue.

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/82537c37dafbcf6f73f1866b8e444360

1 Like

Do you mean that the HTML pages loaded into the project as assets do work for you? For me these arrangement does not work from the mobile. Only when previewed from the computer.

1 Like

Yes, in the sample project, the file “First1.html” is loaded as an asset. If you delete that file and replace it with another with the same name, when you next run the app in the companion, you will continue to see the original, not the replaced file. Yes, if you use the “Preview”, the new file shows correctly, not the old.

1 Like

As I said, there is a known issue with HTML as assets when run from the mobile.

See this post

1 Like

Got it, thanks. I wasn’t tracking that issue. I’ll see if i can figure out a work around.

1 Like

Hi,
It’s been 8 months that they are supposed to take care of it
@cassandra

1 Like

Yes, it must not be an easy fix. My current work around is to ask users to deinstall and reinstall my published APPs when I make changes to the HTML documents, but that is really not ideal.

Hey everyone, appreciate the flag here. Apologies this has been in the works for so long. I will resurface to our engineering team today to see what the progress is, and provide an update.

1 Like