Where are my uploaded files and why webviewer shows white screen on my phone?

Hi guys, I am quite new with Thunkable X. I will do my best to help. I guess that a lot of people is having the same problem. My app works perfect on Appinventor but changed to Thunkable in order to develop an IOS version. Right now I am trying to get and Android version but with Thunkable.
I am working on an app that opens an html file on webviewer. My html is just a fancy menu selection that uses javascript with jquery and reads data from a server. I am ok receiving and sendind data with webviewer (thanks to the ThunkableWebviewerExtension script : https://thunkable.github.io/webviewer-extension/thunkableWebviewerExtension.js).
I am having two problems:

1. I don’t know the path of the files uploaded to Thunkable (I guess there are development paths, Android paths and IOS paths). I need to load some javascript uploaded and a .png image but can’t find the path. I made it work uploadind the files to a server but I would like to have them in my app instead of loading them from somewhere in the cloud.
  2. When I run live test, the app works fine in my browser (with the trick that I mentioned before) but in my phone there is a white screen on the webviewer. Is this a bug of ThunkableX? It will work ok when I compile the app?.

Thanks for your help

I think that’s because your link cannot be embedded. A web viewer works like a iframe.

1 Like

Hi,

To begin with, iOS doesn’t allow you to work directly with the file system. For this reason, it is preferable to make the entire html code as a single file. I used to see an example somewhere where you can connect an external JavaScript file to an html file, but I didn’t like all these solutions.

2 Likes

Thanks. That is very clear. Do you know what is the problem with webviewer and Android live test app?

What specific problem are you talking about?

When I run live test, the app works fine in my browser but in my phone there is a white screen on the webviewer. Is this a bug of ThunkableX? It will work ok when I compile the app?

If something doesn’t work in Live, there is a 95% chance that it won’t work in the installed app, especially if you use tricks

Yes, I understand that. But my problem is that the Live test gives me two different results. On my browser works perfect but on my phone app I get a white screen. I don’t know why I get these different behaviors and don’t know which one should I trust. Thanks

A white screen means that you are trying to perform an operation with a non-existent object or trying to use an invalid parameter to work with a component.