šŸŽ® WDC #24 Let's Play Mastermind!

i got my version partially working but can anybody tell me how to fix my problem? my alerts donā€™t show! so i cannot properly stop the program whether i detect a win or loss.
hereā€™s the project link
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/9c5975eda3a02dd384c53ebf44f153a5

for this run, iā€™ve set debug mode on (the target will appear on the top of the mmind screen during play), and iā€™ve set max guesses to 3 so i could test the ā€˜too many guessesā€™ error.

mmind0

as you can see in the snapshot, i started the game, played one game to win , and played another game to lose but note that there are no Alert notifications!

you can see that iā€™ve set the label under the button to show the outcome but it didnā€™t show the alert panel. this is the segment that checks for win:
mmind4

the last block sets Label4 to ā€œwin!ā€ and it shows in the screenshot but it seems to have skipped the alert code. there must be something iā€™m doing wrong.

3 Likes

I can see the alert

What?! Muneer thanks for verifying this. What is that shortcut again for refreshing the browser cache?

1 Like

Ctrl-Shift-R
or
Ctrl-Shift-F5

1 Like

iā€™m using firefox and itā€™s not working - i got to hit the sack. iā€™ll try again tomorrow. thanks!

1 Like

i tried it in live test and it works! alert used to work in some of our earlier WDC projects -was there a version change?

1 Like

According to this site it should work

2 Likes

I did notice a number of differences between the Preview button in the designer and the Web Test menu item. I do not know if this is intentional.

i just tested with web test menu and it works . it just doesnt work with preview button.

2 Likes

look at the hottest game on the web today! (We were just working on something similar just a few months ago!)

i just finished my first game last night:

OOPS - which still happens to be the secret word today!

5 Likes

My new version: Robot Guessing Person

Can you explain what this is and how it works? Is it AI? Is it playing Mastermind? Iā€™m curious!

1 Like

The 1A2B is like mastermind, I use google app script and spreadsheet.

The GAS server can compute the anster quickly than the phone or tablet.
I use it to compute 1A2B anster and use web api to connect app. Then you can play person to robot Game in my app.

I canā€™t say ā€œYesā€, but it is like AI.

I use 3 loop to find a anster from all prabable anster.

1 Like

Just started an #off-topic thread for Wordle here @manyone

3 Likes

I rebuilt machine guess program, get it on Play store.

This is Old version (work with cloud server)

1 Like