URGENT/CRITICAL - Missing Blocks after Duplication

PLEASE HELPPPPPP!!!

All blocks of my project children screens are MISSING, except on the first screen, in the copy and the original project!

What I did? Just eliminated some old projects of my portfolio (to create new slots due the 10 projects limitation) and duplicate my current project.

After this, the original and the duplicated copy just LOST all blocks in ALL children screens (are blank), except on the first one. I have all the designs preserved in the screens, and also the non-visual elements… but the blocks are MISSING!

Any ideia how to recover this? 2 MONTHS of my Work are in this project!

Did you make any backups?

How to do (external) backups? I don’t see any backup option.

What I did was duplicate the projects from times to times before start new implementations cicles.

But my last copy is 1 month before. I did this copy today, to start a new cicle… and all my blocks desapear…

Perhaps staff can help you. In future keep copying or backing up your projects regularly, especially after making a major change (and even a minor one).

As long I see, to contact the staff the only way is having a PRO licence… but because I’m starting I have the FREE licence.

Any idea how to contact the guys to check what happens?

What happens to me, can happen to ANY of you, looks like a CRITICAL bug!

Since we can’t save externally the projects, we depend 100% on the Thunkable platform to keep then safe!

I’m very sad with this situation, its unacceptable that the server fails to keep safe the projects properly!

– UPDATE –
I just sign the PRO MEMBERSHIP now, and I will try to contact via CHAT to see if than can solve this, this is my last hope to recover my lost work.

The chat is not available now, I will wait to open and talk with the staff, BUT ANY HELP from the community will be appreciated!

I can understand how upsetting this is but no one else has reported this happening so it may be a critical bug or something else may be happening.

1. Have you cleared your browser cache?
  2. Have you tried logging in to your Thunkable account from a different browser?
  3. Have you tried logging in to your Thunkable account from a different computer?
  4. Did this happen with all of your projects?

It looks like you made your project private after getting the Pro memerbship. If you’d like, you can share the project link(s) with me in a private message and I can let you know if I can see your blocks.

Hello @tatiang !

1. Have you cleared your browser cache?

Yes, no effect

1. Have you tried logging in to your Thunkable account from a different browser?

Yes, Firefox and Chrome, no effect, after clear all cache.

1. Have you tried logging in to your Thunkable account from a different computer?

No, but I don’t think this will change the situation, since looks a server-side error/issue.

1. Did this happen with all of your projects?

Just for the ORIGINAL and the copy I made.

It looks like you made your project private after getting the Pro memerbship.

Yes, after I bought the PRO, just change to PRIVATE, to check if this make some effect in the problem, but no.

If you’d like, you can share the project link(s) with me in a private message and I can let you know if I can see your blocks.

Yes I will send you to check in private

did you try right click and undo last delete?

No, because this happens to ALL child screens in the project (more than 10)!

In fact I did not delete anything, just duplicate my project after login in Thunkable and the problem happen.

I only see blocks in the first screen of the project link you sent me. Nothing in any other screens, just as you described. I see that @cassandra from Thunkable Staff is active at the moment… perhaps she can help with this.

2 Likes

@paulovaz72 oh wow, that’s awful, really hope they can sort it out for you, I’m sure they have some sort of backups but I don’t know if they can roll back just one customer, you’d think so.

That is probably one of the few downsides of this kind of platform.

Good luck!

2 Likes

@tatiang, yessssss this is the problem… all blocks in the child screens just missing, looks like a critical BUG after duplicate my project.

I think only @cassandra, @domhnallohanlon, @goutham, @arun, @wei, @andy, @janhavidahihande, or someone of the staff can do something, to review what is going on and save me of this sad and crazy situation.

Any help is very welcome!

@hdawc I am literally DESPERATED! If I have lost all my work for 2 months will be a big issue to me, as I have a deadline to deliver the project to the client, and it will be devastating to have to start all over again.

And that undermines confidence in the stability of this platform!

But let’s hope that the staff can help me and solve this very serious problem.

1 Like

This sounds really unfortunate. I can’t help, per se, but would mention that I’ve had hundreds of projects and copied projects over and over without ever experiencing this. Don’t let this incident shake your confidence in Thunkable as a platform.

This also makes me want to recommend people back up their projects regularly.

1 Like

@jared, but why this happen to me??? :frowning: Hundreds of blocks, with all rules and app logic are lost! Hours, days, weeks of work!

The company must to provide answers and help, or how we can trust in the platfform? I think they are serious, so lets hope they help!

There is no way to backup your app/blocks externally, right?

1 Like

Correct. You can make as many copies of an app as you’d like, though.

I wish there was a quick solution here. I’m sure the team will respond when they have the chance.

If you have a pro account, I wonder if you’ve emailed support or used intercom to ask any questions about this?

I agree, whilst this has not happened to me, I have heard of it happening before.

Considering the new price increases and continual presentation of Thunkable as a professional platform, backups are a must and since they can’t be handled by the user, they should be handled by the service provider (Thunkable) as a standard, perhaps an incremental backup per account that can be selectively rolled back per project, or cloned to a new project.

I would like to ask that Thunkable look into this very carefully and provide a full report when they find some results, whether that was a user error or not, I think it is important for us to understand if this kind of issue could continue to plague users.

@jared

I tried the CHAT but I think they are offline now… Can you confirm?

What is the support email? I can’t find it searching in the page…

Thanks!

1 Like

@paulovaz2000
They will reply in the morning, it’s best to stick to one method of communication for support and let them look into it. I am sure they will do their best.

1 Like

They are most likely offline for the day.

Messaging them here or intercom is your best option. Not email for a Pro user.

1 Like