URGENT/CRITICAL - Missing Blocks after Duplication

jared is right and to be honest the chat option is much better than email, then all the info is always there.

I need help and a solution from the company, or I will no longer be able to trust the platform!

We can’t be afraid of losing all the work, since there is no way to save the project externally (design+blocks). Maybe can be an important improvement, no matter if the project works only when inside Thunkable.

So, for now, we depend 100% on platform reliability!

I had a FREE account, which only allows 10 simultaneous projects, which doesn’t allow you to duplicate the project daily and still keep previous versions.

As I reached this limit of 10 projects, the platform prevented me from duplicating my project one more time, so I decided to eliminate the older versions and some others I had for testing, and after releasing several projects, I did the duplication of my project normally.

But when I opened both projects (the original and the copy), I noticed that all the children screens were without the blocks (all blank). I don’t know if what happened was when I tried to duplicate the project and received an error message due the limit was reached, or when I deleted the previous versions, or even after I deleted the older projects and duplicate the project again.

It wouldn’t make sense for me to go into each of the screens and erase all the blocks in both projects (original and copy), and come here to complain, so I don’t see how it could have been a mistake on my part.

Anyway, the situation is very worrying and is causing me a HUGE problem, and demotivate me a lot. :pensive:

I just hired the PRO membership, in order to get direct help from the company, but it’s a shame to have to do that for this reason. I was leaving a little later to contract the PRO plan, when it was time to publish the app.

Let’s hope someone gives me a hand, and they find the BUG.

3 Likes

Interesting proposition. You should recommend this here

While you’re there, report what you’re experiencing as well

@jared

Interesting proposition. You should recommend this here

Done in Github: Backup / Restore Tool + Project Folder Management ¡ Issue #1062 ¡ thunkable/thunkable-issues ¡ GitHub

While you’re there, report what you’re experiencing as well

Done in Github: Missing Blocks After Project Duplication ¡ Issue #1061 ¡ thunkable/thunkable-issues ¡ GitHub

Lets check how faster the staff can help / solve / answer!

2 Likes

Problem solved by Thunkable STAFF.

I don’t know exactly what happens, but the important thing here is the fact they restore my blocks (I believe they keep backups to restore in case of problems).

Anyway, I leave the suggestion in the GitHub for future implementations to allow backup the design and blocks locally.

Thanks Thunkable Staff, specially to @christina_wong for his special attention!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.