Unable to create new rows in my Google Sheets with some columns containing predefined formulas

Hi there, I’m new here! I’m working on my first app, but I’ve reached a hard stop. The app is unable to create new rows in my Google Sheets database as a result of some columns containing predefined formulas. The formulas are being used to calculate enetered data and generate QR codes, but as long as a particular cell contains a formula, my Thunkable app will not enter any data in that entire row

Hi corpcuisinejamaicauk, welcome to Thunkable! :tada:

Be sure to check out How to ask Great Questions v2.0, the Community Guidelines, and our Getting Started Guide to make the best of your Thunkable Community experience!

Can you show us the blocks you’re using and the predefined formulas in the spreadsheet?

Hi matt_conroy … Thank you for the heads up! I didn’t quite know the guidelines. Here’s a screenshot of my blocks … The app created the rows perfectly before I added formula to the cells in Google Sheets, but now with the added formula, the app will not write in any row that contains a cell with formula (which is every row in my database)

Hello @corpcuisinejamaicauk
Since using formulas on the Google sheets caused issues, have you tried removing them and using math blocks?

@ioannis The math blocks may help with the calculations (I’d probably have to use a list component as well) but it wouldn’t help with the QR code generation at all. Is it that there is no way for Thunkable to input data within my Google Sheets database WITH preoccupied cells?

Did you try use AppScript in google sheets? I solved my problem with appscript in google sheets. when u send data from your app you can paste your formule with appscript in google sheet.

Sounds amazing @edagdemirkbzf … except that I am a complete novice, who doesn’t quite know what AppScript is, or even where to begin with it. I will ask Chat GPT about AppScript so that I can at least get a general idea, but if possibe, please provide a little more details (for a novice)

I don’t know how to give details but it’s a good idea to ask ChatGPT. If you explain what you want to do well, chatgpt can prepare the script for you. But you need to give details about your project to get the most out of chatgpt. For example, which data goes in which sheet, which column and which row. Good Luck!