Thunkable keeps stopping

I wanted to live test my Shakes and Adders app, as it was working well on my computer. When I live tested it and tried to select a ‘pawn piece’ (just a couple of buttons each with a coloured emoji), the app ‘paused’ for a couple of seconds and then exited the live app. I tried 10 times, and it did the same thing. I have very basic code on that screen;

Once or twice, I got the message ‘Thunkable keeps stopping’ on my phone. (I believe @kartik14 had a similar issue?)

Any ideas? Was there an update to Thunkable X? I think I was on v 27101.

2 Likes

This may be some bug…

There may be many ways to fix it. Try just fixing it using ABD.

1 Like

Hi, @codeswept!

Try adding the purple vibrate block after each command & see if each command executes properly - then try to improve the blocks that (if any) seem faulty.

Also, if you have any invisible components on that screen, (just for some tests) set them to visible & then check if the issue still persists - I’ve lately been experiencing some problems with components that are set to invisible.

Let me know the outcome. Good Luck!

1 Like

Hey @kartik14! I tried that and i don’t even get the first vibrate. The app just hangs. I got this message:

I included in my previous post the ONLY blocks in my screen. Nothing seems wrong, and it works well during web test. Would you like me to share the link in a PM?

Ohh, just took another look at your topic and realized that you were getting th same message that I am.

Well, @codeswept If you say it works during a web test, I am afraid I cannot advice anything then. It’s a bug & I think @jane might know more about this.

Good Luck - Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

@jane Would you have any idea on what is causing this crash? I have no components with visible=false, and I have shared above the only code in that screen. I can send the link if you like.

1 Like

@codeswept
I’ve just found out that if you use web viewer and use the reload block then it will work in the Web Live Test but will crash the mobile Live app.

I tried it with two different projects and got the same behavior.

1 Like

I don’t have a web viewer though.

I’ve been trying to send a video but I am not able to record my phone screen.

1 Like

You can download AZ Screen Recorder app from Google Play if you do not use the default screen recorder.

1 Like

Sure, let me try that. Give me 2 minutes. The phone I use does not have the option to record.

Is it this one?

1 Like

YES. This is the one. Loaded with features.

1 Like

Oh noooo. I recorded a video but I am unable to send it to Community. I whatsapped it to myself but now I’m unable to download it.

Edit: I took another video earlier but had the same problem of not downloading. When I finally managed to get it, and tried to upload it to Community, I got this:

1 Like

upload it to Google drive and give the share link.

2 Likes

Ok, doing that.

1 Like

Does this work?

1 Like

It does work. I mean I can see the video but it gives no clue apart from the app is abruptly shut down.

1 Like