Thunkable keeps stopping

That’s all that happens. I click on the button, the app hangs for around 2 seconds, then shuts down.

1 Like

Aha. What’s in the button codes?
Do you have more than “click” event for the same button?

1 Like

Nope. My code:

1 Like

In the “Any Button.Click” add a wait block as the first block. See what happens.

1 Like

Thanks, doing that.

@muneer You are a genius! I added a wait 0 seconds block, and it worked perfectly! Thank you so much for all your help… I was really confused about that one but you solved it,

2 Likes

You are welcome. Glad that this helped.

2 Likes

Do you know of any way that I can keep all the text in one line? It’s looks horrible at the moment, as well as confusing.

1 Like

It took me sometime to realize what you mean.
Do use padding for your component?
Can you use a smaller font size?

In the “Advanced” tab
Check the “Positioning”
There is a “flexwrap” among others.

1 Like

No, I don’t have padding. I have cloned all these buttons.
I changed my fantasize to 16 after I noticed the text, but there’s not difference. I’ll try the flex wrap. What does it do?

1 Like

I’ve set the flex wrap to Wrap. This is closer to what I want, but

1. Look at the bottom row. Each button is taking up only half the width.
  2. You might notice that the button in which the green piece is (19), has extended it height at the bottom, so it is carrying into the space of 2. Also, while flexwrap did not have a value, the cell number text was moving upwards to accommodate the green piece, but now it staying at the same position, and half of the piece is missing.
1 Like

I don’t think flexwrap is what you need here. That’s for packing a bunch of components in a row and then wrapping around to the next line.

Looks to me like you either need to reduce font size or padding - you might see if a negative padding value is accepted.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t a negative padding value send the text across the borders, though? As for font size, I have it at 16. I’ll reduce it and see what happens.

Did some tinkering but it’s still like this:

Buttons seem to have some build in padding. That’s why I suggested trying a negative value

1 Like

I’d hard code the button width to fix the bottom row

1 Like

Any suggestions on what to set it as?

Wouldn’t width=fill container work on that bottom row? Or 100%.

2 Likes

I can’t really differentiate between each row, as I am cloning them. I can’t use different properties depending upon which row that is.

Yes. Screenwidth / number of blocks minus any margin between them.

2 Likes