Thunkable Data Viewer List to Local Table DataSource Mapping

Throughout my testing on Data Viewer List with the local Table DataSource using the “Create Your Own Table” feature, i realized that there is no way of creating different VIEWs of the same Table similar to the VIEWs in Airtable.

Also, am not sure if the local Table DataSource can be searched/queried similar to queries in SQL and return results in a tabular form that can be displayed by the Data Viewer List.

example below:

MyTable having 2 columns (c1 and c2) and 5 rows (r1, r2, r3, r4 and r5) as the “master table” and then running a query/search/filter like (SELECT * FROM MyTable WHERE c1 CONTAINS ‘word1’) against the master table “MyTable” and display the returned results in a Data Viewer List

Is the above search/query on the local Table DataSource currently possible? Thanks

Note: The “CONTAINS” condition in the SQL sample statement/query above can be replaced with

[ =, >, >=, <, <=, != ] etc.

In Thunkable X there are no blocks for working with SQL queries. If you need SQL, you need to use WebApi to make a request to a server script that will work with MySQL

@actech, thanks for having a look at the topic but if you look again at it carefully, you would realize that i was making an analogy of the local Table DataSource to SQL and NOT directly engaging with SQL.

What i meant was, is there any way the Thunkable Local Table DataSource can be filtered/searched/queried SIMILAR to SQL search statements and return results in a tabular form that can be displayed by the Thunkable Data Viewer List?

Airtable does this by creating different VIEWS of a Table with the option to apply filters to any of the VIEWS of the same Table.

In summary, if Thunkable Local Table DataSource which is tied to the Data Viewer List can either use
the SQL search statement or Airtable VIEWS filtering approach, that would be great. Thanks.

1 Like

Local Table DataSource

What do you mean by this?

I may not have put it well enough, but I wanted to say that there is no query mechanism like SQL in Thunkable X in any component. That is, as you correctly noted, you can either make such functionality use external functionality, or in the form of blocks, orif you are good at JavaScript, similar functionality can be implemented using HTML5 features.