Texting (SMS) using Thunkable X

OK it’s official I am getting a headache, now with the original android only version of thunkable the ability to code/create a function that allows a text/sms message to be sent within an app was rather easy. In fact there was a component for it. However in Thunkable X it seems elusive I have tried the webviewer function and that doesn’t work. I tried the share component and that didn’t seem to work either any suggestions.

Check it.

I appreciate the quick response but if you notice in my screen shot I attempted that same block configuration with the late button with no success am I missing something because it is not working.

In this post there is a second solution. Have you tried using the “open link” block? Also not working?

On my iOS sms works.What specifically does not work for you? The form of sending the message does not open?

It simply does not send the message, and for some reason I do not see the second option the open link button. If you do not mind could you please post a picture of your block configuration that was successful.
In addition perhaps I am missing some data if using the webviewer function should there be a string entered in the URL field?

Check it. I have the send form on iOS when I click on any button, but I can’t check the sending of SMS itself because the SIM card is not installed.

https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5afddd52880c0200015cb47d/project/properties/designer/

Sorry for the delay ive been predisposed thank you ill review and see if it will help.

I tried the project link but no for me it does not actually send the message.
Is this possible at this point? I know this is an older thread so maybe some updates have been made.

Thanks again so much for your help.

1 Like

Use the share component.

Same thing, it doesn’t actually send the msg, all it does is open up my msg app with a preloaded message waiting for me to hit send.

Unless there’s some other components I need besides this

1 Like

Yes, that happens to everyone. Sending a message directly takes a lot of code, a Twilio API(so I’ve heard), and it’s quite confusing. The share component will always ask for permission to send the message from the user.

1 Like

Guys! Hello to all
I am new to thunkable.
I am trying to make a simple app which had 1 button, when button is clicked it should send a tex message
I have used the simple share component of thunkable X and I successfully made the app but, when I use in Android phone it opens the default messaging app, I dont want that, I want to send sms from the app itself without the default app popping out… any solution??
Plz Plz Help!

I am new to thunkable.
I am trying to make a simple app which had 1 button, when button is clicked it should send a tex message
I have used the simple share component of thunkable X and I successfully made the app but, when I use in Android phone it opens the default messaging app, I dont want that, I want to send sms from the app itself without the default app popping out… any solution??
Plz Plz Help!

1 Like

You cannot send text from the operating system unless you give permission every time.

To do it automatically, use third party apps.