Switching from hardcoding to DB logic

Hey @somamendbjj!! Welcome to the community!
Are you moving through things sequentially? Diagnosing for example. Is there a standard flowchart/order of operations during this time?

If so, you could set a variable to take the place of different screens, so to speak. The value of the variable could control what is on the screen dynamically.

Think.

On screen open → if var positionInExam = 1
Do → set label “display exam question” to [var “list of exam questions” {get index number (Var positionInExam)}]

I think @darren has an example of dynamic context on his YouTube channel. I can post a tutorial of this tomorrow. I’m almost positive @domhnallohanlon has also made a post about this. Something like “how to reduce number of screens”. Also, there is at least 1 other YouTube video about this (can’t remember the author currently).

Make sure there is water in your pool before you try to swim! :slight_smile:

Hope that helps! :vulcan_salute:

I’ll also do a quick search, because I understand how incredibly difficult and time consuming it must be. After all, I’m only a full time therapist, and full time graduate researcher, and father of two. I don’t really have a full plate and strive to help others. :joy:

http://community.thunkable.com/t/2-methods-to-reduce-the-number-of-screens-in-a-thunkable-x-app-with-video/74847

1 Like