State is null and cause component deletion failure

You can find the project here: Thunkable

Steps to reproduce:

1. Try to delete any component (e.g., Home Screen → Get Started button)
  2. Nothing is deleted
  3. Check the browser console, and there will be an error “Cannot convert undefined or null to object”
  4. This error is related to a redux reducer, I believe. The state (variables.js) is somehow null, which I think is unexpected.

This is very frustrating as my students in a class are looking forward to using Thunkable to build their apps, but it seems issues keep coming. Hope it can be solved ASAP, and I can help if possible.

2 Likes

I think it’s a corrupt project. Have you tried creating a new project to see if the problem exists there? You might want to reach out to Thunkable staff via the chat icon at the bottom-right of the projects page (or from within the project itself).

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I was wondering the same, as I noticed there was an issue with the Thunkable server yesterday afternoon. And the student was working on the project during the time. To answer your question, creating a freshly new project does NOT have this issue. However, I am curious why corruption would happen and think it should be handled more properly. Thanks for the tips and I will contact the team!

1 Like

I would agree that corruption shouldn’t happen but… it sometimes does. That being said, I’ve used Thunkable for a while and created hundreds of projects and had this happen very rarely. It’s generally reliable.

And there was a server error last night that may have compounded things.

1 Like

Many users are experiencing failures in projects designed by StP (Snap to Place) UI also called Legacy UI. Not every project but projects that have Web API components.

Are you using it in that project?

1 Like

Thanks for the heads-up. But the student was using the DnD interface and the only blocks the student used were Click a button then Navigate to a new screen. The student also did not use Web API components.

1 Like

Another member reported a similar behavior with his project.

This issue is fixed. I believe I replied you in the forum.

Wei

1 Like

Yep! Thanks for the quick fix!
Solution: There is no operation required from the user end, but an internal bug fix I believe.

1 Like