[Solved] Am I able to recover deleted projects, components or blocks?

Unfortunately I accidentally deleted my bottom tab navigator component and it deleted my entire project because the two screens were children of it.

Is there anyway to get everything back? I did not share it or make a copy of it.

Hi @magickittyz, welcome to the Thunkable community.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no way to undo a deleted component.

You will need to add back in the components you have deleted.

Ludzie dzielÄ… siÄ™ na tych:
co robiÄ… kopie zapasowe
i tych:
co zaczną robić kopie zapasowe.
:joy::wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I deleted my top tab navigator as a finishing touch to my project. I still don’t understand why there is no undo feature. Well, good luck recreating it.

I’m a new user and I can’t find the undo feature… where can I find it?

1 Like

Welcome to Thunkable,
There is no undelete option for a component.

1 Like

But… if, for example, I accidentally delete something I’ve been working on for months, I can’t recover anything? Is there no backup system?

1 Like

No, there isn’t, so you may have to start from scratch. Sorry about that. I do hope Thunkable creates this soon, as I have also lost some work.

You can copy the project from time to time to keep a copy. Use the “Make Copy” option in the menu in the Legacy UI or use “Duplicate Project” menu option in the Drag and Drop UI

3 Likes

Yes, that is a possible solution. Yet if we do too many then people on a free version may run out of projects.

1 Like

In the Pro version is available an undo function or a backup system?

1 Like

When deleting something in the Blocks Screen, you can right click any empty area and use the last option “Undo last delete”

2 Likes

I think @mikeke means in designer view because it is not possible there.

1 Like

Both the same. No difference between standard version or PRO version in this functionality. However, the free version has a limited number of projects that you can keep where the PRO has no limit on the number of projects.

2 Likes

Bad news, at least for me… working without “undo” on design mode it’s practically impossible, at least as I am used to working.

How many projects can a free user create?

1 Like

up to 10

This is tricky. The old accounts has no limits while the new are limited to 10 or 15 as I think.

2 Likes

What do you mean by old and new accounts? Sorry, i don’t get it.

1 Like

See this