Pls help i deleted a screen! undo feature?

Guys, I really need help
my screens got all deleted
i had autosave on
is there anyway i can go back
pls advise
thanks,
hobi

Contact thunkable support, maybe they can help. Without their help, I don’t know of a way to get it back.

I save a version of my app every few hours just in case.

1 Like

I dont even know how to save the app
im a first timer

1 Like

Wait, how does this help? Is this how you save?

The project auto saves all of the time. So an accidental delete is automatically saved. So periodically, I make a copy of the project so if (when) I accidentally break or delete something, I can go back to the previous version.

2 Likes

Ahh, OK thank you very much!

Just lost 3 days of work because I had no idea that there are no undo for a deleted screen… it is too easy to delete, I was just going to delete a button. I can’t believe I lost 3 days working on a very complex jog and everything is gone…

1 Like

I agree that there needs to be a way to get that back. When I’m working in Thunkable, I save copies of the project every so often so that if something goes wrong, I don’t lose much work.

This is definitely something that should go on a feature request list:

https://docs.thunkable.com/bugs-and-feature-requests

In fact, I thought I had mentioned it but I don’t see it there.

2 Likes

welll this is not the solution but u can keep saving screens incase you do it accidently

How do you go back to previous version

1 Like

See this notice when you attempt to delete a screen or an object in the screen

It says it cannot be retrieved back.

I think thinkable should remove the screen delete option from the left-hand side because it already exists in the 3 dots in the top right and it is the way to have accidentally delete the screen when we want to delete a component. I would like to ask thankable to provide a convenient way to delete the component by using the delete button on the computer keyboard and
for the screen, it should have the option to move or drag the screen to the appropriate place when we want to change as sometime after plan and make all-screen when we would like to add more screen in the middle, we have to do duplicate the screen that locates in front of the place we need which is not a good idea because we have to delete the component that already exists which takes time

@kethmany.ratsavongy welcome To thunkable! The three dots are only in drag & drop layout. Thanks that you’ve finded it out! this post makes it even more accicidental

when a user deletes a text, it may ended up deleting a screen!

geos if you upgraded to PRO… which is a LOT of money. if I’d liike to to ask thunkable for a free PRO account. I guess corona is not the time to pay! :joy: