Thunkable X Not Saving Data

Hello all!
I am having an issue with Thunkable not saving my components and data. This reminds me of a thread that is open now, but unlike this other thread (Thunkable website going blank), my screen is not going blank. This time I was editing for a solid 15-20 mins and it looked like everything was fine (screen didn’t flash white like it had done for me before). But after I went in and checked my app in Thunkable Live (iOS v.280), the changes I made were not live. There were some components I deleted a good 5-10 mins earlier, and they were still showing up. I uninstalled Live and reinstalled it, didn’t help. I reloaded my Thunkable page and then 15-20 mins of work just disappeared. Is anyone else having this issue?

1 Like

I had a similar issue earlier today. I added few labels to the screen but could not see them in Live Test.
I just went to work on another subject and left that project after about an hour I checked again and saw the labels so I attributed it to very busy servers and did not even logged it here.

It could be the same issue as you explained and it could be a very separate issue. Hard to know.

1 Like

Sorry that you both have run into issues with saving your Thunkable projects. We just released a change that should make our server response times faster when saving projects, and make it less likely for these issues to occur.

@bnice Are you still having problems saving your project? If so, can you send me a link to the project you are working on.

3 Likes

This issue has not reoccurred in the same fashion since this post. The page does go white at times and reverses maybe a minute or two, but that issue has been going on for a few weeks (as described in the link on the original post). If you don’t mind, I would like to keep this thread unsolved for a few more days to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

2 Likes

The same thing happens to me as friends. I use the original platform to design my project.

This is happening for me now too. I just made about 3 simple edits and about 1 minute later the tab refreshed and my progress was gone. Tried it multiple times and can’t make any progress.

1 Like

If it is correct, the same thing happens to me, we can only wait for the Thunkable staff to solve it or tell us a solution. :sleepy:

I am looking into it. FYI - our server load increases exponentially since Covid … We are working on improving the performance.

Wei

2 Likes

Thank you for the update. I was aware of the increased server load, so I am patient. To everyone else, you might be having this issue which I referenced earlier (Thunkable website going blank). To clarify @wei , I have had my screen go back a few minutes, but the 20-minute data loss which I had described upon creating this thread has not reoccurred.

@domhnallohanlon , this reaction is exactly as trying to import a picture :thinking: … maybe is related ? an image is much larger than blocks in terms of occupying space on server, thats why it took longer time to refresh, but it did, eventually…

time for Pfizer then ? :thinking: :innocent:

We are pushing out updates as I am writing now.

Wei

1 Like

Can you do a hard refresh? After that, can you try the platform again?

Wei

I have cleared cache and restarted my browser. This effect usually happens after a while, so I will update the thread after I spend some time on it.

I applied another patch and it should fixed the issue.

Please let me know if you discover any more issues.

Wei

3 Likes