Stage problem - white screen?

I tested this project and can’t see the stage on iOS. I can see that you changed the Stage size. Can you make a project where you don’t change the stage size?

3 Likes

@jane It works fine if I don’t change the stage size. It also works fine if I turn the stage size back to a smaller size, after ‘breaking’ it. This is a bug where the stage doesn’t display if the size is set too big. I was curious if it was small-phone specific, but it looks like no, since you’ve got something huge, right?

(This bug is probably unrelated to the bugged project we were discussing on intercom.)

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve got a terribly large iPhone XR :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’m glad you’ve identified this as a separate behavior to what we were discussing on Intercom!

If you’ve been trying different sizes, do you have an idea of what the upper limits for a Canvas height/width appear to be? I can look into this myself if you don’t. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Stage width of 1600px. (1500px is ok.)

2 Likes

Thanks! And you haven’t noticed any minimum height that causes this behavior?

I have created a game which is good and I used the emulator on my android and the after creating an apk also the game I have created has stages or levels for my game
But when I build an Apk the stage 2 is blank a plane white canvas the only thing that’s left is my directional button
How can I fix this?
#Please Help me

1 Like

Welcome to Thunkable.

First, from your explanation it is clear your issue is different than that of this thread. Please create your own post for this.

Second, no one will be able to help you without seeing what is the issue in your project. Consider sharing your project to test.

Hi can you teach me how to fix this white screen

1 Like

Please see my message above.

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/5b9e88b16f020c2654cb1b87b6685975

I recognize these symptoms. Here’s my guess:

You renamed those assets after uploading. It’s specific to Android builds, and only builds. You can confirm that’s the problem by unzipping the apk and looking - at least you could last year.

The fix last year was to delete the assets and upload new ones. And then you’ll have to manually fix everything that refers to the original asset.

1 Like

Welcome back.

2 Likes

Thank you for your imidiate response :heart:

1 Like

I’m not really back - just got pinged because apparently I still had notifications on this post, and suspected I knew the answer. (Hopefully elcidbernardez360iqo will post back if that does turn out to be the problem.)

I’ve been building apps over in Expo/React Native, not really doing any Thunking any more. It was slow going at first, but I really like having version control and fuller control of what my components are doing.

4 Likes

I went through your project. The stage goes white because you have a lot of broken sprites in stage 2.

Remove all broken sprites and re download the APK.

That’s nice. I took the route of Flutter and now building apps slowly but still very active in Thunkable.

Two of my clients requested to have a copy of the source to give me the contract. I suggested to them to create an account with Thunkable and maintain the copy and waiting for feedback.

Wish you all the best in the React world.

4 Likes

I will post back when it is finished because we will have our pre oral defense tomorrow and after that i will fix the game imidiately… thank you thank you for helping me im struggling to develope because this is my first time in developing a simple game…

2 Likes

This happens to me on my app also.
The real problem is that, I want to pay and upgrade my account, I don’t have the money for pro, so I’ll be stuck with starter upgrade.
But, if this canvas problem persists, what is the point of upgrading.
Anybody who downloads this app, wont be able to use it.

My solution to the above problem is to continuously reinstall it, again and again and again.
Sometimes it will install properly after reinstalling it 2 times, just now it took about 20 times or reinstalling to install it.

Does anybody who works for Thunkable ever read the posts here? This issue is 2 years old and still exists.
This is an important issue.
And I’m wonder what to do in order to make everything nice and easy for the person who downloads the app I’m making.

Top is an example of White Screen, Bottom is example of what it is meant to look like.
white

I have the same issue. There are 2 blocks that don’t work at all since last update: “creare object” and “active pointer”.

1 Like

Hello @pcostinj @peterjamesleniq thanks for reaching out here. I have gone ahead and flagged this issue to our engineering team. We will start to investigate what might be happening and get back to you once we find out more information.

Thanks for your patience!

1 Like