[Solved] My downloaded app won't open

@domhnallohanlon Thanks for the temporary fix, 1. Clear storage 2. Clear cache.
My apk now works fine, but we hope you will release a permanent fix soon!!

@kizzy @hernandezsilvaericko If you uninstall the ThunkableCompanion and install it again from App store, will it make it better?

Yes it will work as long as you keep it open. If you close the companion you will have to uninstall and install it again

Are you using Android or iOS? what is the OS version?

iOS 13.6, I will test it on android too and I´ll let you know

NO version 203 on ios i been using since it came out crashing same issue on Android is even worst you can test for your self surely you get the same issue only works once ios if yu keep it open Android crash if you like 5 changes to the App dont even work if you try to keep it open

Can you try this Android apk ?

Can you try this iOS app?

does you see any crash with my apps?

The first android app was opened successfully

The iOS app is good too. They do not crash

They are the same build from the current iOS companion. If you have any issue with the iOS companion, please uninstall it completely, restart your phone and install it again.

Let me know how it goes!
Wei

On iOS, for me, yes.

(edit)
After uninstalling the app and restarting my device, clicking the download button for the same app does nothing in safari browser. To be fair I’m on iOS 14 but this hasn’t posed an issue before.

Hi @wei , I tested my app on iPhone X iOS 13.6 and my app works fine. I tested my app on iPad with iPad OS 13.6 and it works fine.
I tested my app on iPhone 8 with iOS 13.5 and it crashes when I open it.
I tested my app on android 10 and it crashes when I open it.
Hope this information is helpful

UPDATE
The app only works on the first launch. Then it starts crashing

UPDATE
Now the web app is not working correctly (sign in with firebase)

1 Like

Can someone confirm this issue is being worked on as I am within days of passing a deadline for my app to be in use?

Hey @martint, a feasible solution is to copy your responsive project link and live test in a browser on your device. It’ll give you a decent representation of the app working.

remove " &noframe=1&responsive=1 "

Copy this link to your device, and make sure it’s signed in to x.thunkable.com as well. When you make a change, refresh the browser on your device. (edit) On my device, it seems to refresh automatically.

Of course with Web Apps, not everything is the same/works, but you’ll get a decent idea for testing on your device.

1 Like

Hi, I don’t need to test, my app was working fine. I had to make a small change to the event dates and upload the APK, since doing this the app is doing the same crash and keyboard issues that everyone elses is doing so just need confirmation that it is being addressed?

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: We’re online discussing Thunkable Live

Test app only works on the first launch. Then it starts crashing.
iOS 13.5.1
Iphone 11

For Android users, can you try out this companion v205?

Best,
Wei

Regards. As for me, using an old version of Live all the blocks are working correctly (using Android 10) but my problem is when exporting, since I did the test on an iPad with 13.5.4 and the screen that contains the component " maps "does not open. only left blank. You also have trouble getting data from firebase. This project was already working correctly a few days ago, in fact I resorted to a copy that I had from a previous version and it is also failing. I already made a change of blocks since it told me that the onClick was deprecated in maps, delete data etc etc. the problem persists. I hope this information helps you solve as soon as possible.

testing version 205. at first run start variables don’t work. in the second execution if and for the moment everything looks good. I will continue to test other components. it would be necessary to see if they have solved something for the export to both android and iOs