[SOLVED]Issues using Thunkable Live v.312-14 [June 2022] [issues with label styles {font/alignment/shadow]

Thank you for this, it really works. However, it’s indeed a workaround – helped me to solve some issues but obviously not all. Sometimes you just need to scale the label to the container and then center, and it’s somewhat hard to achieve the same design through the workaround; however, sometimes you can actually use this method. Well, I’m off for the week. Hopefully things will be properly fixed soon.

just put a label inside a col or row container, align the container and then align the label inside as you like. set the label as fit content and … enjoy!!!
we will wait the bug solving with a beer!! happy thunky!!

4 Likes

Thanks for your help, but I couldn’t really solve everything with the workaround.

So let me give you a case:

I have a label that should be 75% width of the screen. The label has centered text and obviousy depending on the screen size, the text sometimes fits on a single line and sometimes you need more lines. If I place the label inside a row/column that’s fit to container for width (i.e. 100% screen width) and set the label to fit to contents and center the text, it works nicely. However, if I set either the label to 75% screen width OR the row/column which contains the label to this, the center alignment with the label is lost. So at the end of the day we’re back in the square one.

As said, if I’d go with 100% screen width and use row/col for this, I’d be fine, but the problems comes along with the scaling. So, it seems we’d just really need the fix (and even if the workaround fully worked, it would be just unreasonable to start editing old apps for this). In any case, thanks for your kind help. :slight_smile:

Hope the engineers get this sorted soon, as @jared was hinting, I guess. Now I’m really off for the weekend…

Edit. I also tried fiddling with margins/padding for the elements to achieve the same effect, but no luck. :confused:

1 Like

This did it for me! It was working previously with fill container. I left my row as fill container (100% screen width) and label to fit contents. Works like a charm. I’ll just update the rest of my screens to the same…

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Why are my buttons in the notch area on iOS? [June 2022]

2 posts were split to a new topic: Label text overflow is showing on DnD. Is this to be expected?

Another issue that I noticed, and I think is related to this topic is when you have a label 100% or Fill container, the full area of the label is not clickable anymore, just the part where the text is in.

Any ETA on the fix, @jared ? I’d be very happy if this was fixed soon. :slight_smile: I’m holding off from publishing new updates because of this.

3 Likes

I have an alignment problem in my screen that I cannot solve in any way.
If I see the live view everything is okay.
If I use the web version at this link everything is ok
https://thunkable.site/w/uvl3OBALr

But if I install the apk the writings are shifted.

Please give me some ideas.

Maybe is the same problem ? :thinking:

As you can see, @Thunkable_Staff already looking into it…

i have notice the web version specs is totally different to on the phone

But so I can’t publish my app until the staff fixes the problem, or have you found a workaroud? :pensive:

I’m tired of workarounds … And I’m in the same situation about publishing update. I’ll just have to wait, as my app has more then 15 screens and more then 15.000 blocks to deal with with “workarounds” :blush:

6 Likes

Any updates here? Me (a company not a person) like others devs have apps to publish and we can’t.

1 Like

I didn’t understand, I paid to publish and I can’t because of a bug. Do we have to wait much longer?

Hey everyone, I opened an old project of mine today and I too experienced this error. A few labels in my app had their text alignment set to center -when I tested my app today on Thunkable Live app (latest version), the alignment was disturbed. I needed to rollout my app today, so I unfortunately could not wait for a proper fix of the error - so for the time being I tried a workaround, which solved my problem.

I set my label’s justtifyContent property to center, located in positioning section in advanced properties of label. (image)

To anyone looking for a quick fix for the text alignment bug, I think this would help you :+1:

3 Likes

Hey Thunkers

This issue should not be resolved. Please do follow up if you have any further issues.

To ensure you see these fixes, be sure to upgrade to the latest version of the Companion app. Visit the App Store today just to double check. When you’re building your app be sure to refresh the web browser and you may also need to move blocks around on the block screen to force the app to save and update.

Hi @jared

I have tried moving the blocks around and saving it. The issue is still there on Thunkable Live.
I tried building an apk and installing it on my phone. Still same issue.
It only seems to be working fine on the Web Preview.

Please help to fix this soon.

Thanks!
Ravi

:thinking:
… and I thought that topic starter should check the topic resolved or not… Found it resolved and it isn’t.
I have latest Thunkable Live, I hard refreshed browser… I made modifications to my blocks to force cloud update… Issue still there. If someone else having this issue notices that is solved, please tell.
Thank you,
P.S. even a new label centered aligned, has the same “left aligned” behavior. This way proves that is not a “cloud refresh issue”.

1 Like

Yeah, the issue is still there.