[Solved] Android Publishing Error: App Bundle signed with Incorrect Key

Hello everybody,

I’m trying to update an app in the store, i managed to send the .aab file, but know it shows me this error i have never seen before.

Your Android App Bundle is signed with the wrong key. Ensure that your App Bundle is signed with the correct signing key and try again. Your App Bundle is expected to be signed with the certificate with fingerprint [etc…]

I have always & only used Thunkable, the last update of the app is about 8 months ago.

Someone experienced this issue before?
I had a look on internet and seems like the only thinkg i have to do is contact google assistance or manually modify/update the key from the app (?)

Thank you for your time reading

Same thing happened to me yesterday.

How did you solve it?

Still same problem

Your Android App Bundle is signed with the wrong key. Ensure that your App Bundle is signed with the correct signing key and try again. Your App Bundle is expected to be signed with the certificate with fingerprint:

SHA1: 97:64:41:63:3E:71:37:D1:5E:************************************

, but the used certificate to sign this App Bundle is:

SHA1: D2:4D:B8:86:8E:D3:22:9C:***********************************

Export key zip in thunkable and change the Java keystore signing key in play store.

How can I change the Java keystore signing key in play store?

There are many and i dont want to touche the inappropriate ones…

Hi there,
thank you for your help.

Unfortunatly my play store seems to be slightly different from yours (i dont know why).
I tried to proceed with what you said (exporting the ZIP from Thunkable, but this is what i clicked

And this is the error i got

Did it happene to you too?

No. You did it the wrong way The option should be “Key from Java Keystore”

Same problem when republish app to play store.

Unfortunately, due to a malfunction on our server, the original keystore was replaced with a new one so we would like to kindly ask you to reach out to Google and ask for updating your Keystore.

The steps you need to follow are:

-You should first have a look and see if you have app signing turned on.

-Log in to the console, select the app and then “app integrity” from under the setup menu.

-There you will find a tab “App Signing”. If this is enabled you can create and upload a new key:

Google requires that you upload a .PEM file.

To get that from Thunkable you have to

1. Go to your app settings and click on Export Key Zip

1. Unzip the file and save the pem file

2. Attach it to the form

3. Click Request

Another way to restore the keystore is to contact Google Play Support and they can help you.

Here are the steps:

1. Log in to your Play Store account and click on the icon “?”

2. Write that you lost your key and you need to update your app

3. Choose the best description of this issue:

Upload Key Reset Request

1. Click on next step and select send an email

2. Fill in the form with all the personal required information

3. Please specify: select–>
    I have an upload key-related issue

4. Please specify: select–>
    I lost my upload key

5. Google requires that you upload a pem file.

To get that from Thunkable you have to go to your app settings and click on Export Key Zip

Then unzip the file and save the pem file to select it and attach it to the form

1. Describe your issue

2. Click submit

Please follow one of these procedures and let me know Google’s answer (it usually takes two-three days).

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Having mentioned the temporary solution for a new keystore, we’ll also update you here when we have a permanent fix so that this does not happen moving forward when you go to publish. Our dev team is working on this currently and we’ll release it asap. Appreciate your patience, everyone!

1 Like

i have same problem and i have tried, but the same error still occured.

Yeah. Google is not accepting Key zips nowadays.

With your app generating an incorrect keystore upon publishing or with the steps outlined above to get a new keystore?

This is not true in most cases. You are able to request a new a keystore if your app was published after August 2021.

I did a Request upload key reset and uploaded the .pem from the project that I duplicated (because when the same project issued a warning for using a different certificate). but after 2 days, I tried to upload again using the project that I duplicated, but it still gave the same error

Hi,

i followed all the steps and this is the error i get

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-10 at 11.43.19

Yes that is true

Hello @maurizio.polverini89

The steps to solve this issue are:

1. Create a new Thunkable project

2. Publish Android (You only need to click Publish Android on the Thunkable project. Don’t publish the app. Just download the blank .aab file.)

3. Export the Keystore

4. Import this Keystore to your original project.

This process will generate a new Keystore for your app.

Then from any of these two projects, you can download the zip file

Then unzip the file and save the pem file to select it and attach it to the Google form.

Let us know if it worked.

1 Like

Hello @vishruth-ram
Have you tried to unzip the file and upload the .pem file?