Different certificate

Hi!
Back in 2020 I uploaded an apk file to Google Play Store and published my app. It was just for fun, I am not an IT guy at all…The point is that now I want to upload a new version because of a bug I found.
But when I try to upload the new apk, Google says that I am using a differente certificate in the new updated apk file than the one apk in production. I don´t really know what is this. Anyone can help?
Thanks a lot
David

In this case, you would either need to find the key that was used when the project was first uploaded and import that into the project or request a new one from Google.

To request a new keystore from Google:

-You should first have a look and see if you have app signing turned on.

-Log in to the console, select the app and then “app integrity” from under the setup menu.

-There you will find a tab “App Signing”. If this is enabled you can create and upload a new key:

Google requires that you upload a .PEM file.

To get that from Thunkable you have to

1. Go to your app settings and click on Export Key Zip

1. Unzip the file and save the pem file
  2. Attach it to the form
  3. Click Request

Another way to restore the keystore is to contact Google Play Support and they can help you.

Here are the steps:

1. Log in to your Play Store account and click on the icon “?”
  2. Write that you lost your key and you need to update your app
  3. Choose the best description of this issue:

Upload Key Reset Request

1. Click on next step and select send an email
  2. Fill in the form with all the personal required information
  3. Please specify: select–>
    I have an upload key-related issue
  4. Please specify: select–>
    I lost my upload key
  5. Google requires that you upload a pem file.

To get that from Thunkable you have to go to your app settings and click on Export Key Zip

Then unzip the file and save the pem file to select it and attach it to the form

1. Describe your issue
  2. Click submit

Please follow one of these procedures and let me know Google’s answer (it usually takes two-three days).

Hi thank you very much for your time but I am not sure I follow you.

I have tried to follow your instrucions in order the “Export Key Zip” from Thunkable project but I get the following message “Bundle Zip File does not exits. Make sure you Publish your app first”:

Apparently it does not find .zip file. It might be because the project was develped in 2000 as a .apk (by that time I think Thunkable only allow to “Download” an .apk but not “Publish”.

In case it might help, I am not sure wif you noticed the attached file in my previous email. When I try to upload the new .apk file at Google Play Console, Google identifies perfectly the original apk “digital print” and the updated apk “digital print”. I don´t know if that is what you were trying me to get with your explanations…
I mean it looks I have both the old and the new digital print.
The old is:

old digital print

The new is:

new digital print

But I dont know where “to paste” them.

I hope this helps and you can give a solution.

Kindest regards a Happy New 2024!!

David Casas

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.