Upload Failed - Thunkable X - Google Play Store

Hello,

My sincere apologies, as I can see that there have been similar postings, but I have not been able to address the problem I have been facing.

I had uploaded an App to the Google Store successfully and have applied several updates over the past few months.

In order to make a more involved edit, I had created a copy of the project and attempted to upload the new APK, however, I get the following error:

Upload failed

You uploaded an APK that is not signed with the upload certificate. You must use the same certificate. The upload certificate has fingerprint:

[ SHA1: 44:8E:C7:B5:AE:99:FD:8B:72:A1:44:CC:74:9D:A6:84:23:12:CE:8E ]

and the certificate used to sign the APK that you uploaded have fingerprint:

[ SHA1: 46:AE:D2:D9:9D:23:90:66:14:A5:12:25:8E:DD:6E:33:C8:17:08:8E ]

The App (Bundle) ID is the same, and I had named the package the same as well, but the error persists.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @David_Rotenberg,

Sorry you’re having trouble. Did you click “Make Copy” or “Share” to create a copy? It should work with “Make Copy”.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi mike,

Thanks for your reply. I did click ‘Make Copy’.

My solution for this was to make the changes I had made to the copy to the original - which did work.

Thanks all!

D

Hello. @mike @David_Rotenberg

I have the same error:
Upload failed
You uploaded an APK that is not signed with the upload certificate. You must use the same certificate.
But my previous versions (3) were signed with a certificate from Google. First 3 versions were build with other platform, not Thunkable X.
But now, as I export the apk, there is no place for any certificate with Thunkable X.

And in the context of your info, what means to make a Make Copy…
I have done a Make Copy in Thunkable X, but this makes no change for Upload.

Thank you for your support.

Hi Mike,

I’m having the same issue - I think this may be because the previous APKs were all made with Thunkable Classic - I’ve looked on the Community but can’t find any solutions which work - do you have any ideas?

Thanks and best wishes,
Ayush

2 Likes

Hi Ayush,

We’re rolling out the ability to import your certificate from Classic very soon. I’ll update here shortly.

Thanks,
Mike

2 Likes

Hi Mike,

Thanks for letting me know - would you be able to let me know how soon exactly?

Best,
Ayush

1 Like

Hi Ayush,

This feature should be released today or tomorrow. I’ll post again when it’s live.

Here are the steps you would follow to update an app with X that you have previously published with Classic.

1. From app.thunkable.com (Classic) click Apps (in the upper left corner) and then Export keystore to save your Classic android.keystore file to your computer.
  2. From x.thunkable.com go to the app that you have previous published from Classic and are trying to update from X.
  3. Click the name and icon of your app in upper left corner to bring up App Settings on right side.
  4. Scroll all the way to the bottom of App Settings and click Import Keystore. Note this will replace the existing keystore for this app so be sure you haven’t used it to publish to Google Play store before proceeding. You can always Export it first and save it to your computer just in case.
  5. Enter “android” as the password and select the android.keystore file you previously saved to your computer from Classic and click OK.
  6. You should be able to successfully publish updates now. Note that you’ll need to repeat the steps in X for each app you previously published with your Classic keystore as every app in X has their own keystore.

Please let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks,
Mike

4 Likes

Hi Mike,

It’s all working now - thanks so much!

2 Likes

Android Keystore Export & Import is now released.

Glad to hear that Ayush.

3 Likes