Scanner Barcode QRcode not working

Hello @ccm-systems :wave:
We understand how frustrating it must be for you and appreciate you taking the time to provide us with more information.
Currently, we support devices with Android versions 12 and above.
You can find more information in our docs.

I would like to bring to your attention a significant concern regarding our application development platform. Currently, 90% of our customers are using devices with Android 10 or lower. These devices are relatively new and are typically purchased at lower price points, as our primary user base consists of security guards who need cost-effective solutions. Additionally, over 90% of the Push-to-Talk devices (Android Walkie-Talkies) in use are running Android versions 7 to 9.

Given this landscape, it is crucial for us that our applications remain compatible with these versions of Android. If Thunkable does not support these versions, our developers will be forced to consider alternative platforms. Furthermore, our team is already contemplating a transition due to various issues we’ve encountered with Thunkable recently.

We hope Thunkable can address these compatibility concerns promptly to retain our support and ensure the satisfaction of our users.

3 Likes

It saddened me that this platform only supports Android version 12 and above. I think I will no longer continue developing my intended first app.
Despite not having a coding background, I want to express my gratitude to the Thunkable team for the support over the past 5 months. I’ve gained valuable knowledge by reading community questions and watching videos. Still, kudos to the team!

It was working last week this move is removing pretty much any Android device over 3 years old !!?

i do understand that it is work to make sure that every thing works but 3 years in South Africa our Contracts are 2-3 years long and not being a Rich country Phones are used from all years and models i test on a j4core , cheta 2 , galaxy note 9 , galaxy s10 , huawei p20 , Redme note 11 and Xiaomi Redmi Note 12pro … because that is a ok spreed of what the phone landscape looks like in SA but now losing all but 1 of my test devices due to a upgrade … Im So Glad i have not Payed for a Business acc

I have the same problem on my devices. I’m testing it on a Moto G20 and I noticed that if I close the application while the screen is white, the reader works. I hope this report can help solve the problem as soon as possible, I have several devices with versions lower than 12. Thanks.

Just following up so we are not going to get support are we?

I talked to Thunkable weekly to fix this issue : No luck!! Looks like this issue is not important!! I can not update my apps at all for over a month now.

Hello :wave:
Regrettably, we can’t support the QR code/Barcode Scanner on older devices (it works on Android 12+). It’s not due to a lack of care, but our commitment to utilizing the latest APIs for enhanced security and performance. As technology progresses, updating our features is essential for providing the best user experience. We apologize for any inconvenience and assure you we’re dedicated to improving accessibility across all devices.

1 Like

I do under stand what you are saying But Excluding any and all devices that are 3 years old and or older is not a very smart approach Just looking at this from a E-Waste perspective that is irresponsible even a S21 is now no longer good enough unless you upgrade your software … i am no one to you really but it is really stupid to exclude so many people from your market please understand i Love thunkable i love the way it works it is easy to learn but i cant work with a system that excludes so much of a user base this is a link to the South African Demographic on OS Usage

1 Like