[Resolved] Thunkable crashes while editing [July 2022]

have anyone notice that the Thunkable crashes,when editing?

I’ve been seeing error like external error,especially when am about to live test my project or whenever i try to switch to the blockings feature

2 Likes

Hey @versatile Thanks for raising this flag. I haven’t seen this but will keep an eye out for it.

Is anyone else experiencing this today?

3 Likes

Ive ysed the DnD editor for the last couple of hours snd havent had jt crash on me. Maybe itsm was some fluke? I was using chrome and windows

If, by crash, you mean the screen going blank and a forced reload, yes, I have had it happen. I’ve never been able to narrow it down, but it usually happens when I am removing elements from screens in my project and it just reloads the window back to a point before I deleted some things. I haven’t had it happen in about a week, but that’s what happens to me on occasion.

2 Likes

This keeps happening to me since long and it’s not new. It happens when you successively delete components and the quick you delete the quick it happens.

3 Likes

I assumed it was something with deleting too quickly and not giving it time to update. It’s never been a bother because it usually only happens after a few have been removed, so I just go back and remove them again. Maybe they could move off of the old 386dx processor? :crazy_face: Kidding, of course!

2 Likes

On a serious note, @versatile, I did have an error screen display last night while trying to publish to iOS. It just said something went wrong and try again. Reloaded the page and the second attempt went through just fine. As for live testing, I haven’t had errors like you’re talking of, but I have had times where codes haven’t worked or it won’t let me submit input, the screen just sits there. Nothing show-stopping though.

1 Like

The first computer I used was with 8086 processor.

I noticed that yesterday when I was trying to use the option Project Detail Page from the project card but just two times and then the page opened as usual.

I actually captured the error screen but because it did not happen again, I did not see any need to report it.

Here is the error screen

2 Likes

I think we’re about the same! Our first was a Tandy 1000, but I’m not sure which model. So, I’m not sure of the processor.

Same one I had and, as with your case, it only happened once.

2 Likes

Mine still showing up here is another error today

Though am not really bothered,just wandering what could be the cause

1 Like

And this also happened

??

1 Like

I noticed this happens when you try to open / work with an old project. It seems Thunkable either changed the servers or purging old projects and it takes time for purged projects to be retrieved again. Once the project is opened then I do not get this screen again. I checked 3 more old projects and got the same behavior.

1 Like

Hey There Thunkers!

Thanks for posting about this here! We made some updates to our backend and hopefully this will eliminate 99% of these issues for users. Please complete hard refreshes and return to this post if you are still having any issues!

Happy Thunking!

2 Likes

Hey, i was following a tutorial for making a sign up page and when i tried to preview my project the webpage freezes and finaly crash. And i can’t open on mobile app aswell.

Anybody knows what do i need to do?

Thank you!

Have you tried it again? I was working on my app a little while ago and everything crashed, my projects disappeared, and I got a message that the projects page was down. I waited a few seconds, refreshed, and everything came back.

2 Likes

Hi @felipealicantinom70o

We were having issues with our servers last week but did some fixes and are hoping for smoother sailing moving forward. Are you still experiencing any issues?

3 Likes